Error 106 - Problem Erasing Preset

jefferski

Fractal Fanatic
I've been getting this error for the last couple of days every time I startup the AX8. It happens no matter what preset the AX8 is on; so it's not just one corrupted preset. And it happens whether I'm on one of my user presets, or any of the factory ones.

After I hit 'enter' it loads the preset, but all the blocks are blank. If I navigate to a different preset and come back, everything seems fine.

What's causing this error? I haven't tried to erase any presets so I don't know what it thinks it's trying to do.

Any helpful ideas?

Never heard of that one. I'd contact support directly and see what they make of it.

I've been getting this error for the last couple of days every time I startup the AX8. It happens no matter what preset the AX8 is on; so it's not just one corrupted preset. And it happens whether I'm on one of my user presets, or any of the factory ones.

After I hit 'enter' it loads the preset, but all the blocks are blank. If I navigate to a different preset and come back, everything seems fine.

What's causing this error? I haven't tried to erase any presets so I don't know what it thinks it's trying to do.

Any helpful ideas?
i'd suggest using Fractal-Bot and a USB cable to reload the firmware and factory presets, both available here: http://www.fractalaudio.com/firmware-presets.php

let me know if the issue persists.

Rick and Chris, thanks. I'll try a reload.
(yes, I'll do a backup first ;-)

Stay tuned for updates.

Update: the reload didn't fix the issue, so I've contacted support.

Also, a public shout-out of appreciation to Joe who PM'd me to see how he could help.

Back
Top Bottom