Erratic Behaviour of the Standard

Friends.. hope all is well.
Yesterday evening a peculiar thing happened while i powered on my AxeFx Standard. The screen went blank and i lost all output.
(i cycled between output 1 output 2 as well as the balanced ones)..
i restarted the unit, and now the screen is all fuzzy , with the LED showing unclear display , but there is still NO output. The input meters in the front show input levels as i play the guitar...but there is no output levels.

I switched off the system as well as the mains , waited for half an hour and then restarted it...now it is working perfectly well
But the system has started from preset number one ( i use presets 3,4 and 5 mainly)

No matter which preset i use , when i restart,it always starts from the first preset.
Today morning ,when i turned the unit on, though it showed the preset numbers, the names of the presets were absent.Output was there.
What could be the reason?
Is this an issue related to the battery ?

kindly help me !!
dinesh

The battery would be my first thought too .... or at least it's something you can try changing yourself to see what happens. A Standard which hasn't had a new battery fitted since new would probably be the right age now for a new one.

While you have the lid off you could also just check all connectors are seated firmly to the main board

Does the MIDI still work and allow you to do a backup of your system and presets first?

The battery would be my first thought too .... or at least it's something you can try changing yourself to see what happens. A Standard which hasn't had a new battery fitted since new would probably be the right age now for a new one.

While you have the lid off you could also just check all connectors are seated firmly to the main board

Does the MIDI still work and allow you to do a backup of your system and presets first?
Thanks Maxdown:

Yes the MIDI still works and i was able to access the AxeFx using AxeEdit
However the names of the presets had all changed and were all mumbled and weird.

However , when i restarted the unit after shuttung it down, all presets were lost.
i shut down the unit and half an hour later , on restarting it, again all the presets had jumbled names.

Is there anything i am missing ?

dinesh

friends... anything i should be careful of , when i open the axe-fx?
I had read elsewhere, that the fan is connected to the upper case lid, and that i should be wary of that.
anything else ?
thanks !

Changed the battery today.
However, the axe keeps defaulting to the 'Recall' page.

I tried to restore my presets from the axe edit...
However, when i try to save it on the unit...it does NOT get saved.

I then tried manually creating presets...but i am not able to save it.
Any name i give the preset( along with the individual preset) is lost when i turn the dial.

Similarly when i turn the unit off, all the preset get lost..
when i turn the unit on, it defaults to the recall page.

why is this happening ?

Sure sounds like a battery issue. Sure you got it in there right side up?
It is not unheard of that a "new" battery doesn't have a charge.
Only way to know for sure is to test the battery with a multi-voltage meter.

Back
Top Bottom