Ernie Ball Majesty..... Thoughts?

Never played a Majesty, but I have a JPXI and I love it. I also have a Sterling JP70 and It´s a great guitar.... wonder how the coming Sterling Majesty will be like...

I hear a lot of compliments about the Majesty comfort and sound but honestly not digging the shape, it looks like batman's guitar to me.

If I'd be on the market for a JP guitar I'd want one of those very early JP6 guitars with the slick necks and the original JP custom pickups. The newer guitars are great and amazing but for me the first design was perfect. I love how it looks. I love how it sounds. I love the playability.

I had one of the early JP6 with the custom pickups etc, I can say for 1000% that the later set, the CrunchLab / Liqwifire are much bigger / fatter sounding. Not necessarily in the mix but in an A/B comparison.

As much as I loved this guitar, I could not bond with the arm scoop, I don’t hang my guitar high so my right arm could not "fall" exactly on the scoop which was not so comfort for me.
anyway I needed the $$$ to finance my coming JP15 so I sold it.
This early JP6 had the best by far neck I have ever played and I hope my coming 15 will have a similar neck as well.

I hear a lot of compliments about the Majesty comfort and sound but honestly not digging the shape, it looks like batman's guitar to me.

I had one of the early JP6 with the custom pickups etc, I can say for 1000% that the later set, the CrunchLab / Liqwifire are much bigger / fatter sounding. Not necessarily in the mix but in an A/B comparison.

As much as I loved this guitar, I could not bond with the arm scoop, I don’t hang my guitar high so my right arm could not "fall" exactly on the scoop which was not so comfort for me.
anyway I needed the $$$ to finance my coming JP15 so I sold it.
This early JP6 had the best by far neck I have ever played and I hope my coming 15 will have a similar neck as well.
Well that's the reason I preferred the original. The low end got unnaturally tight and lost it's hair. The built quality was even better than the BFRs are nowadays.

I've owned a JP6 with the original pickups, JP7 from the D-Sonic era, JPXI, a roasted maple neck BFR, JP6 with Crunch labs, JP6 with Bare Knuckles... I'm not sure if that's all of them. :D

I got to try Chris's Majesty when I visited him. I loved both the white color and the new dream color and the guitar was very comfortable. Really good guitars as well.

Still based on my experience I want to own one of those early JPs at some point of my life.

Personally I'm not a fan of the carbon shield etching on the regular models (the so called shovel) and I think the gold hardware on the Artisan line looks tacky.

I did play one of the blueberry JP15s a few weeks ago and that was killer. If I had the cash, I would have walked out of the store with it.

I'm glad the JP16 has a Floyd so I will never ever be tempted to buy one :p

I had one on loan for a few weeks. I played it just a couple of time: It's amazingly light - that's a good thing, but it did not "feel" right to me. The pickups were way too hot for my taste - hard to tame - and I really could not get the tones I wanted from it.

I liked the look and the weight. But that's about it.

Of all my listed guitars below it is my second favorite. I try to play them all, but keep on returning to the 2000 Jackson Soloist SL1 USA. And the irony is Im a rock / blues guitarist that doesnt care for metal at all. The Jacksons tones and action just trumps all the others.

Of all my listed guitars below it is my second favorite. I try to play them all, but keep on returning to the 2000 Jackson Soloist SL1 USA. And the irony is Im a rock / blues guitarist that doesnt care for metal at all. The Jacksons tones and action just trumps all the others.
I hear ya... I do love my USA Jackson SL-1's, they're able to get some great tones....but I do prefer the JPXI Ultra Flat 20" radius...

Hehe, it'll be the majesty and the mfc first, but I'll not forget your offer (link?)

Haha, yeah, there's always something! :D

I don't have any piccys as yet, but it's the 2007 edition in fantastic condition - not a mark on it. Complete with blue Hard Case etc :)

Just found a photo of my new workspace with it in actually! No great detail of course, but there it is back left! :D

JP6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom