Eric Johnson Live Rig - Axe FX II

Good catch! But how many other artist are playing at this event? It could belong to any number of artist from that night. It is the "Experience Hendrix" event.

I think if EJ was using the Axe it would be MAJOR news and well-publicized. Dude would be the major digital convert of all-time. *LOL*

I agree.... Think it may be another artist. If you look closely you can see there is a pedal board sitting on top of the rack also.

Would be cool if he was though....and would be major news since he is a major tone aficionado ;)

I think if EJ was using the Axe it would be MAJOR news and well-publicized. Dude would be the major digital convert of all-time. *LOL*

I dunno if he owns one, but he used one on at least one track on a CD (don't recall which one, haven't listened to him for a while... something with a shimmery pitch effect I think). From memory that belonged to someone else who brought it into the studio for him to check out, but maybe he bought one for himself since then. Dunno.

I had the opportunity to talk to him about two months ago, and naturally as an axe owner, one of the questions I had prepared was about his reported use of an axe2 (gem). He said he does not own one, and had just used it for Gem in the studio. He was pretty clear with his feelings about analog gear (amps) and that he was really content with his tone (wouldnt we all be?). I got the impression that he hadn't even heard the amp models, only the effects. Like Sarasota above, I thought EJ Using an axe would be the ultimate endorsement of digital, but at this point in the Analog Vs. Digital discussion I believe EJ will be the last domino to fall. I can't think of any other player going digital that would have a larger impact...imagine how that news would go over at major amp companies...

I had the opportunity to talk to him about two months ago, and naturally as an axe owner, one of the questions I had prepared was about his reported use of an axe2 (gem). He said he does not own one, and had just used it for Gem in the studio. He was pretty clear with his feelings about analog gear (amps) and that he was really content with his tone (wouldnt we all be?). I got the impression that he hadn't even heard the amp models, only the effects. Like Sarasota above, I thought EJ Using an axe would be the ultimate endorsement of digital, but at this point in the Analog Vs. Digital discussion I believe EJ will be the last domino to fall. I can't think of any other player going digital that would have a larger impact...imagine how that news would go over at major amp companies...

^This

It was only used for Gem. That's definitely someone else's rack.

That being said, he *does* use digital delay live... MXR 1500 rack delays

I believe that track was done DI out of the Axe, so I guess he has some experience with the amp models.

I am only going from memory at the moment, and I don't want to mis-quote him. I still have the recording of the interview so I'll double check it in the next day or so and get back to you.

Being over forty, my recall is not what it used to be.

I would love to be wrong on this point.

BTW I used to live in Melbourne. Great city, miss it a lot.

I am only going from memory at the moment, and I don't want to mis-quote him. I still have the recording of the interview so I'll double check it in the next day or so and get back to you.

Being over forty, my recall is not what it used to be.

I would love to be wrong on this point.

BTW I used to live in Melbourne. Great city, miss it a lot.

Yeah, well I'm only 28 and my memory is hopeless. :lol

I'm going off some post I read somewhere on some forum where the guy was saying he took his Axe into the studio for EJ to check out, and it ended up being used DI'd.

But... maybe that guy was full of it, or maybe I'm not even remembering it right. :lol

Our weather at the moment is swinging wildly between 30+degC warm sunny days, and bucketing down with rain. Yesterday we got both.

Back
Top Bottom