Er......Is the Axe lll now €3,499.00 in Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always the same debate, to the USA price you must add the VAT, the €/$ parity and the 3 years warranty and the g66 work
You get this price
Yeah, if you take the base price of the Turbo ($2,499), add the 3 year warranty ($229), account for the exchange rate and VAT (I assumed 20%) it looks like it comes up to just under €3,400. In the US a Turbo with the extended warranty would be around $2,900 including sales tax (about 6% or 7% in most states). The exchange rate and higher taxes account for the remainder.

Is that a typo on g66.eu?

3 and a half grand?
Hey, that's still cheaper than MSRP on a Marshall JCM 800 reissue over here 🤣

Yeah, if you take the base price of the Turbo ($2,499), add the 3 year warranty ($229), account for the exchange rate and VAT (I assumed 20%) it looks like it comes up to just under €3,400. In the US a Turbo with the extended warranty would be around $2,900 including sales tax (about 6% or 7% in most states). The exchange rate and higher taxes account for the remainder.

It doesn't, do the maths
Don't forget customs

You can give Marshalls away over here, you Americans pay silly money for them.

You should see the price of Mesa Boogie over here in Europe

Fractal is just very expensive over here in Europe, but they deliver a product which (at least for me) is superior to the competition. For me enough justification to spend the money so I can enjoy the product I really want

For the past 20 years the Euro has been worth 20-60% more than the dollar. That Euro advantage has recently gone away with the dollar currently worth just slightly more than the Euro.
Yes but at the same time the first version of the axe was 800e less when I got one ( if I m not wrong). It is not the turbo, I agree, but 3400 wow. This is not affordable for everyone. When I saw the price of the fm9, it stopped me in a minute.

May not now that anything sold for more than $600 generates you a 1099 to pay income tax on here in the US…. As of January 1-2022

The same would be true of selling one domestically though, and provided your not selling it for more than you bought it for, it’s not income.

Point I’m making is while maybe you could get like $1700 shipped selling domestically, someone in Europe might be willing to pay a bit more as even after taxes, shipping charges etc it could still be like 1000 cheaper for them buying on the used market.

What a world.
Purchasing non used gear it’s more and more difficult . Everything jumped to 20% more. Not only fractal, everything. With luck there is a huge second hand market as people like to buy product and sell them one week after 😁 . I worked in a Music shop half of my life and I m very impressed how it increased… ten years ago, I was selling a usa std strat for 1180e . Now they are …1900 ! 🤣🤦. At this price before you could get a vintage serie or signature or whatever. No seriously this is mad. The problem is that we aren’t paid 20% more . Riots are slowly coming like ever.

I've had a similar reaction, but...
  • The chocolates sweeten the deal! ;)
  • Often you have an older unit that you can sell to bridge the gap.
  • G66 service seems stellar. If you want to pay for a repair, I suspect you would have to hold a gun to their head...? ;) Some of this may of course be so ordered and reimbursed by Cliff, who I figure doesn't want us to suffer silly faults in his stuff, even past the 3-year guarantee period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom