Equator D5 - Wow!

gottem a month ago, wont look back or ever for new monitors, still use the ev live x for full bedroom concerts, but music is insanely clear through these;

can anyone get the axe to play through these, while they are hooked up to their pc instead of the axe fx? I had a pair of m1 alesis, that the axe would play through, they were usb connected, which I have done with these as well; also tried through the soundcard.

Like any monitors, you have to run them through a sound device(like the Axe) and then use that device as a sound card for your pc.

In this case you would just plug the monitors into the Axe outputs and use the Axe as a sound card for your pc via usb

may try a mixer, I just hate to have the axe on non stop. some odd reason the alesis usb speakers were able to monitor the axe while plugged into the pc.

I believe you can route the Axe through your DAW (or any other software mixer) and use the cabs connected to the computer as monitors.:)

Any reason why I shouldn't pull the tigger on these? I'm getting tired of using headphones. Any body own these and the new clr's? I'm on the waiting list for an active wedge and want to know if these D5's translate well.

Yes, I have both and IMO the overall sound is very compatible. Much more so between the D5 and CLR than with my Alesis M1 and NS-10m monitors. Still got to watch out for Fletcher-Munson, though, since the D5s don't get gig level.

TT

Any reason why I shouldn't pull the tigger on these? I'm getting tired of using headphones. Any body own these and the new clr's? I'm on the waiting list for an active wedge and want to know if these D5's translate well.

For small monitors and price they can't be beat. There are better monitors out there but for a lot more money.

Back
Top Bottom