Equator D5 - Wow!

pharmd07

Experienced
So I just got a pair of Equator D5 monitors to replace my first generation KRK Rokit 5's. Wow, what a dramatic difference! With the D5's the mids are so much cleaner, upper mids aren't as harsh, lows are much more refined and not muddy (when compared to the Rockit 5's). My Axe II sounds lightyears better now. These D5's are an insane value for the price!

BTW, I have no affiliation with Equator. I simply love these speakers and wanted to share!

I recently picked up a set of these. Got rid of the Yamaha HS80s very soon afterwards, and made money on the deal.

Been working hard to break 'em in, though, as the mids were harsh to my ears, especially when A/B-ing with a CLR. But they've been getting a good pummelling - white noise courtesy of Logic, and Peter Gabriel's US record, which has incredible highs and lows, sonically (and some musically too!) - and I can already hear the difference.

Great deal, especially pre-price increase.

I bought a pair a year or so ago and have loved them for multiple purposes. Definitely a great deal! Talked a buddy into buying a pair just before the price increases, too.

Brett

The word has even gotten down to Auburn, Alabama.

Got a pair last year at the suggestion of a friend in Berklee's Recording Engineering program. When listening to my favorite records, I always hear something new I never noticed. Pretty great for making home demos as well! I recommend them to everybody. However, I am curious about the larger models.

Fantastic! I got a pair two months ago, and they destroy every other monitor I've ever heard. My custom IEM's don't even get close.

I also love the fact that the material is scratch-resistant, unlike every other near-field monitor I know about.

The sonic detail from the Axe through these is another level of clarity.

any idea as to what price will be after March 1st?

images_zps811f34be.jpeg

I just couldn't resist :lol

Up $100 a pair. The new price will be $399.99 per pair.

Yikes! Kicked me over the edge -- placed an order...

I currently have NS-10M and Alesis M1 active, though I've also been doing a lot of monitoring through my CLR cabs. It should be interesting to see how the D5's stack up.

TT

Just ordered a pair too, it wasn't really on my budget right now, but GAS got the better of me (again..) and I had to get them before the price change of course.. ;-) Hope they live up to the hype..

LOL, glad to see I'm not the only one who caved! :lol

That being said, I gotta feeling I'll have some KRK Rokit RP8 G2s for sale soon. :mrgreen

gottem a month ago, wont look back or ever for new monitors, still use the ev live x for full bedroom concerts, but music is insanely clear through these;

can anyone get the axe to play through these, while they are hooked up to their pc instead of the axe fx? I had a pair of m1 alesis, that the axe would play through, they were usb connected, which I have done with these as well; also tried through the soundcard.

Back
Top Bottom