Eq IEM

We use an Aviom system. I run my IEMs flat. I am not listening to sound quality. I am just listening to what the other musicians are doing so I can respond to what they are playing.

I have the sennhiser iem g3 and I do a smiley face to the on beltpack eq, as my triple driver iems are really flat. I do this because I want it to sound better.

We use an Aviom system. I run my IEMs flat. I am not listening to sound quality. I am just listening to what the other musicians are doing so I can respond to what they are playing.
^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^
If the channels in your IEM mix are EQ'd properly.. they should sound fine without further tweaking. Plus.. only put things in your mix that you need to do your job so you don't clutter it up. If you use single-driver buds, that is especially important, so you don't turn the mix to mush and cause ear fatigue even sooner.
I NEVER put overheads, toms or cymbals in my mix. Don't need 'em. Kick, snare and hat (if available).
If there are multiple guitars (electric or acoustic) I pick the one(s) I need to hear (other than me), and obviously bass, vocals and some keys too.. and if there's a choir, background levels only.
I use the G3 also, and leave the EQ flat.. as my 1964 A8's do just fine.

When I monitor my singers IEM mix, I wonder how he manages to function, but.. I guess you'll need to find out what works for you..
YMMV

It's a pretty small band. 1 guitar, bass, drums that I never stick in my mix. All 4 of us sing and then we run tracks for any key/horns. So I'm just wondering if anyone thinks a little Eq will make it easier to hear things. We all run stereo so I mix the band in my right ear and me in my left. I stand on the left side so it makes sense for my brain to have everyone on the right ear because that's where they are live.

Back
Top Bottom