EPROM?

Wildwind

Experienced
Another Axe playing friend told me I should get one of these - I assume it's a chip that's user replaceable, something that can get you going again should you lock up totally. I may not be saying this right. But I have searched the site over and found nothing. Another post mentioned "Fractal Parts."

Do I just deal directly with customer service?

Sorry if I'm totally wrong-naming this thing.

I have purchased one from the Fractal Store "just in case". I've had my AE2 out on the road for about 2 years now and never had a problem, but I like to have insurance.

its says your order will be cancelled if support didnt tell you to order parts... is that true or can i order and item or two.. my headphone jack is going and i'd like to not have to send my AX2 away to be repaired

I'd guess that support will let the ROM order go through - but no harm in dropping a note beforehand. Only $5? That almost doesn't seem right.

I'll order one or two, though I've had zero problems with pretty heavy use for two years. Mine has been flawless.

I'd guess that support will let the ROM order go through - but no harm in dropping a note beforehand. Only $5? That almost doesn't seem right.

I'll order one or two, though I've had zero problems with pretty heavy use for two years. Mine has been flawless.

I have the correct one made out of gold pins and diamond crystal coating, is guarantee for eternal life, its only $899.99 + PayHell 25% fee.

PM if you are interested!.

:)

Can I get a second one too? Any discount?

Your guarantee - though I think God has something even better up there than the Fractal stuff, if I install your chip in mine, can I take the whole thing with me? Just in case?

OP, I highly recommend one.

My EPROM is due in today since 14.01 bricked my axefx II. Mine is due in today.

Could anyone comment on how difficult they are to install .. do you need to solder anything or do they just push into a socket like a standard memory module? Is it feasible to buy one, pop it into your system, load it with up firmware and presets, and then pull it back out to have it as a backup?

I'm told it's an easy, no solder install. Pull the existing, install the new in the same fashion. Not sure on the rest - I'd like to know too. That would be cool if you could have a pre-loaded one, assuming modifiable things are saved in that chip.

I'm told it's an easy, no solder install. Pull the existing, install the new in the same fashion. Not sure on the rest - I'd like to know too. That would be cool if you could have a pre-loaded one, assuming modifiable things are saved in that chip.

You could certainly pre-load the spare EEPROM. It would probably be a good idea, because you can't do the initial FW load with the Fractal Bot. But, once you had the initial FW loaded, you would be able to install the EEPROM later & use Fractal Bot to install the current FW and be ready to roll.

Here's the instruction page that comes with the EEPROM:

FractalEEPROM.jpg

I tried to order one in case of 'emergency' from G66, but they wouldn't send me one. I found this a little strange, because those of you who can order direct from Fractal (U.S & Canada) can do so easily. It would have been nice to have an EPROM in my spares box, because If I have an issue I am screwed, because I have no backup.....

Could anyone comment on how difficult they are to install .. do you need to solder anything or do they just push into a socket like a standard memory module? Is it feasible to buy one, pop it into your system, load it with up firmware and presets, and then pull it back out to have it as a backup?

I just installed mind about an hour ago and used it to recover my firmware it was an absolute cinch

I wonder why they don't just ship them with the EEPROM already installed if they're that inexpensive. It says you can leave them in so what would the harm be?

I ordered 2 Eproms months ago, just to be on the safe side. Never had to use 'em, but for $5 it was inexpensive and easy to be prepared just in case.

This issue is also one of the great selling points for me of the XL- Flash back-up built right in.

I tried to order one in case of 'emergency' from G66, but they wouldn't send me one. I found this a little strange, because those of you who can order direct from Fractal (U.S & Canada) can do so easily. It would have been nice to have an EPROM in my spares box, because If I have an issue I am screwed, because I have no backup.....

They would have to take into account inventory with people who REALLY need one immediately. So it may change.

(No, I don't know this for sure.)

R

Comment for Cliff and the FAS team; After reading the installation instructions that Phostenix (FAS) provided, I am surprised at the lack of attention to ESD awareness. Most of the guys out there have never heard of this phenomenon, however, depending on the environment in which the user handles the EPROM (or touches other internal components within the AxeFX), significant damage can occur.

Back
Top Bottom