EPROM time again

Hey Strat714, come to the Guitar Guys Gear Fest in Omaha on the 12th. I posted a thread about it.

I am having this eprom problem for the first time. Unfortunatelly I am from Brazil and Fractal will not be kind enough to ship a $5 chip here... I am starting to have second thoughts about so much fuzz around their service level...

I don't really understand EPROMs much, but if I do - wouldn't it prudent to include a spare with each new unit, or offer it at least? I am terrified my unit will brick through normal use and last I checked it'll set me back over $30 just to get anything to my house, being in Australia.

Is there a good resource on understanding EPROMs re: the Axe?

FAS could also propose some EPROMS to sell in their shop, so peoples could order 1 or 2 in advance, just in case....

They are for sale in the FAS store. Bought 2 there myself.

Where? When I go into the "Purchase" area of fractalaudio.com (which redirects to shop.fractalaudio.com), I can't find the eprom anywhere. I looked in the "accessories and more" sub-headings, and I also looked in the AXE-FX II area (in case it would be listed under accessories)... no joy anywhere...

By the way, does anyone know if it's the same eprom for an XL as for a II? I'm a new XL owner (after nearly 7 years as an Ultra user).

Here ya go ..
Parts

So, this page has both 60mm and 80mm replacement fans for the Axe-Fx II.

Are these fans quieter than what came with early versions of the Axe-Fx II Mark II? Will an Axe-Fx built for 60mm fans hold an 80mm fan? If not, could a replacement metal top cover fit for an 80mm fan be bought as well?

Back
Top Bottom