Epiphone ES-335. Thoughts? Experiences?

pharmd07

Experienced
I’ve been looking at Epiphone’s ES-335. I’d love to have a 335 but not for what Gibson is charging. Has anyone played Epiphone’s version? How is it? It’s only $599!

Not a fan of the thick poly finish and poor fretwork. Oh and the fence quality wood and the terrible pickups and pots and switch and hardware .
In buget semi world I would take a look at Ibanez and expect to swap electrics out on anything at this price.

Had a limited edition epi dot a while ago, solid guitar all around. Got it set up and my tech was surprised that it didnt suck haha. It wasnt seeing much use in the band i got it for so I sold it along.

I wouldnt sweat buying one.

I have an Epi ES-339 that I got because I wanted to try a semi-hollow. it punches way above it’s weight. Very versatile in tonal qualities with the coil splits. You won’t confuse it with a custom shop in build or materials, but it’s a solid working guitar.

I have an Epi ES-339 that I got because I wanted to try a semi-hollow. it punches way above it’s weight. Very versatile in tonal qualities with the coil splits. You won’t confuse it with a custom shop in build or materials, but it’s a solid working guitar.
Good to know. I have an Ibanez AS200 that I love but the body's too big for me (it's 335 size), so I've been considering replacing with either an Epi 339 or Ibanez AM93. I prefer the looks of the AM93, but I like that the 339 has coil splitting and I don't have to mod.

Epi doing some real quality work these days as well as using quality parts. Granted, not custom shop level but I wouldn't be bummed if I had to use one for a while

Epi doing some real quality work these days as well as using quality parts. Granted, not custom shop level but I wouldn't be bummed if I had to use one for a while
On some of the more expensive Indonesian made ones, But the standard ones are firewood.

Back
Top Bottom