Epic fail on stage

Omri

I've been using the AX8 for over a year with utter joy...
This week as it happens I'm on 4 days mini tour and am away from home

I've been experiencing random power dropouts and the unit was restarting itself randomly.. (only for my ax8..) i changed power cable and extension lead and it didn't work..sometimes when power came back, few parameters where changed such as BIG preset name(it was set up for small..) and sometime gain and what not..

There where times that there was no audio coming out although I had signal as the green light was flashing and I had to restart the unit myself more then few times..
Does anybody experienced such a behaviour and/or know what to do?
Thanks!

There where times that there was no audio coming out although I had signal as the green light was flashing and I had to restart the unit myself more then few times..
Does anybody experienced such a behaviour and/or know what to do?
Thanks!

I recently had my AX8 just stop sending a signal thru the outputs, but still had input signal at a show. Power cycled the unit but that didn’t immediately fix the issue. It did come back after about 2 minutes though.

I’m going to follow this thread and would appreciate any info you might get. It only did it once - so I’m not convinced there is a larger issue but it was a little disconcerting. Mine is about 6-8 mos old.

I do know most touring pros keep a seperate duplicate unit, be it an ax8 or axefx as a backup, much like u woild keep an extra Marshall head on stage for a blow out.

I've had my AX8 for almost 2 years and used it many many times on gigs and rehearsals.
Only once have I experienced spontaneous reboots...happened 3 times on one gig, once right in the middle of a solo which was...awkward.
I attribute it to some weird power fluctuation in that club...only time it ever happened and hasn't happened since.
What's a feller to do?

The same happened to me just oncea at rehearsal. After restarting itself the unit just gave a super loud screeching sound before I restarted it again.
I reset the firmware and up till now it didn't happen again.

During a rehearsal recently, my AX8 did fizzle out forcing a restart. Power was not an issue and I was using FracPad. Once restarted however, everything went well for the rest of the practice. Also have a power conditioner.

I could not agree more in that you need a failover rig. One of the reasons I bought the Atomic Ampli Firebox. Tiny and great sounding modeler which I feed into my H9. Can't beat the AX8 but....

I run a rack-mount UPS for our digital mixer and other outboard gear. I use that to also supply power to my AxeII or AX8 (whichever I am using). This takes care of any facility power issues.

I agree with jlynnb1 & RLD about the venue's power.
I have a Furman power conditioner for this reason.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think a power conditioner protects against brownouts (drop in voltage) which is what would cause the AX8 to reboot.

Back
Top Bottom