Epic 80's Song that needs recognition

Another 80s vid with a Mad Max-esque sorta vibe to it. Here's one from BOC from 1986 that I've always loved, but didn't seem to catch on.

No need to restrict ourselves to English. I don't care if you don't speak German, this song ROCKS! From 1988 here is Die Toten Hosen (The Dead Pants) with Hier Kommt Alex (Here Comes Alex). You can find an English version, but the original German is the best.

I like seeing how the various members' tastes in music overlap. And the diverse tastes as well!
When we used to choose cover songs, I had what turned out to be a pretty good idea that kept everyone happy. It evolved from when friends would come over and want me to put on some music. I'd say, "You pick something, because if it's here, I already like it, but if I choose, it might be something you don't care for."
I basically said, we wouldn't even be in a band together if we didn't have common tastes in music. So, imagine we each have a circle with all the songs we'd want to do in it. Where those circles overlap, is where we pick songs from. It worked pretty well, and we actually discovered some things about each others' musical tastes we hadn't known.

I like seeing how the various members' tastes in music overlap. And the diverse tastes as well!
When we used to choose cover songs, I had what turned out to be a pretty good idea that kept everyone happy. It evolved from when friends would come over and want me to put on some music. I'd say, "You pick something, because if it's here, I already like it, but if I choose, it might be something you don't care for."
I basically said, we wouldn't even be in a band together if we didn't have common tastes in music. So, imagine we each have a circle with all the songs we'd want to do in it. Where those circles overlap, is where we pick songs from. It worked pretty well, and we actually discovered some things about each others' musical tastes we hadn't known.

I wonder what The Venn Diagram of 80s music from this thread looks like?? :)

A lot of the song choices in bands I have been in were driven by the vocalist. If no one
can sing it (or no one wants to!), then we can't play it sort of thing. That was either great,
awful, or a combination of meh, great, and awful. ;)

OMG! I saw these guys at L'Amour's (Brooklyn) back in the day. The guitar player was fierce!

Thanks for that memory! =:·)

No way!! More than a little jealous here. :)

Pretty sure that was Dave Dipietro who had a young Zakk Wylde as a student.
You can hear those fast palm-muted runs Zakk does and know who he stole
them from. Among other things. :)

Along with Scatterbrain... this was another great album to close out the '80s. Such a fun (and funny) album...

Another band that should have gotten more recognition.
Oops. I guess Scatterbrain is indeed 1990. I swear it was '89. Since it is definitely in the spirit of the '80s, and in my '80s playlist, I'll leave the post.

This is a cool band that I remembered last night. They dropped their 1st album in
1989. Really cool genre spanning band in the vein of Fishbone, RHCP, Bad Brains,
and Living Colour.

This is a cool band that I remembered last night. They dropped their 1st album in
1989. Really cool genre spanning band in the vein of Fishbone, RHCP, Bad Brains,
and Living Colour.

Wow, I forgot about these guys! F@#$ 98 till' his balls turned blue!... Ha!

I had this on cassette... I need to freshen my media LOL! Great band!!! Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom