Epic 70’s songs and bands

yet another great from down the road in Montreal (Dragonfly - 76, Performance 79) - your biker audiences will eat this one up!

I’ve seen Frank many times at the Michigan Place back in the 70s. And got to see him and Ted Nugent trade licks at one of the shows.
Frank was here at a small bar called the Breakers East back in the day nobody new who he was and the band introduced him as a good friend of there’s from Canada 🇨🇦
I new exactly who he was and was right up front by the stage and he just rocked the house I was just blown away to have seen him. When he was done playing he just disappeared and never saw him there again.

I have a collection of his albums he is definitely a phenomenal guitar player that is not talked about enough.

I’ve seen Frank many times at the Michigan Place back in the 70s. And got to see him and Ted Nugent trade licks at one of the shows.
Frank was here at a small bar called the Breakers East back in the day nobody new who he was and the band introduced him as a good friend of there’s from Canada 🇨🇦
I new exactly who he was and was right up front by the stage and he just rocked the house I was just blown away to have seen him. When he was done playing he just disappeared and never saw him there again.

I have a collection of his albums he is definitely a phenomenal guitar player that is not talked about enough.
that's awesome! - sadly (shamefully actually being a fan and close to his home city) I never saw him play - he was appearing on a few youtube channels (sea of tranquility) about a year ago talking about the Agora Show DVD that he painstakingly reconstructed due to some sound issues with the original recordings for it, and it looked like he would tour again which I was stoked for, but last summer he announced that he has a medical condition that is ending his touring capability - hopefully he can recover somehow - love his playing, voice, personality (check some of his interviews - great insights) and (surprise) yet another SG player that seems to speak my language - his Mahogany Rush website his here . My current favorite FM+MR song is Poppy > > >

that's awesome! - sadly (shamefully actually being a fan and close to his home city) I never saw him play - he was appearing on a few youtube channels (sea of tranquility) about a year ago talking about the Agora Show DVD that he painstakingly reconstructed due to some sound issues with the original recordings for it, and it looked like he would tour again which I was stoked for, but last summer he announced that he has a medical condition that is ending his touring capability - hopefully he can recover somehow - love his playing, voice, personality (check some of his interviews - great insights) and (surprise) yet another SG player that seems to speak my language - his Mahogany Rush website his here . My current favorite FM+MR song is Poppy > > >

Wow thanks for sending that web site that does not sound good at all.
He always seemed to really be a genuinely nice guy. Sure hate to hear that news.

I was already wondering when Rory would finally show up in this thread. Thanks for posting.
Holly moly that was soo cool to watch!
Bassist and keyboardist performance is excellent! And Roy's so reserved but hard playing, I love how he tuned his guitar on the fly by ear...
Great Share la noise!

He's one guy who plays a Strat and it doesn't sound like he is copping someone else's Strat vibes,
if you what I mean. His dynamic range on that guitar is so deep and broad. Shows what you can
coax out of a guitar with no effects and just a loud amp. :)

Back
Top Bottom