Epic 70’s songs and bands

Okay, here's one more, "Band On the Run". It just defies the "cookie cutter" mentality of song writing and yet it rocks.

Yup. More of a Lego blocks approach, which got its start in the Lennon-McCartney era, with them contributing pieces to each other's songs. You can really start to recognize the distinct styles around the Rubber Soul and Revolver era, as they started moving away from the "boy meets/gets/loses girl" songs and started into more mature themes....

Love Santana I was lucky enough to get to see him and Ottmar Lebert play with a full moon lunar eclipse. As the sunset what an awesome show sitting outside on the grass at this awesome amphitheater. It’s a show I’ll never forget full moon coming out of the ground and the show was just beginning.

Date:
Thursday, September 26, 1996
Venue:
Compton Terrace at Firebird Lake

Love Santana I was lucky enough to get to see him and Ottmar Lebert play with a full moon lunar eclipse. As the sunset what an awesome show sitting outside on the grass at this awesome amphitheater. It’s a show I’ll never forget full moon coming out of the ground and the show was just beginning.

Date:
Thursday, September 26, 1996
Venue:
Compton Terrace at Firebird Lake
Sounds magical

Last edited:
Santana is one of the greats he is definitely an inspiration to me, I can pull off some of his music but that’s about it lol. I wish I could play as good as he does. ;-)
Hands are getting older and takes longer to warm them up.
Actually, I was referring to the Yes album. :)

Back to Santana, yes (there’s that word again), he has great phrasing and expressiveness. And he plays right on the edge of feedback. If you can get away with the volume, crank it up!

Last edited:
Hi Rex right after I sent that message I read your message again and realized you were referring to Yes the album. The fragile album was the first yes album I ever bought, Still have it and love it.
And Carlos rocks and I’ll never be able to play that good lol

Actually, I was referring to the Yes album. :)

Back to Santana, yes (there’s that word again), he has great phrasing and expressiveness. And he plays right n the edge of feedback. If you can get away with the volume, crank it up!

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom