Envelope follower problem

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
So im working on the envelope wah patch. I got it sounding great, but the first string has less output and the wah does not open fully. It sounds great on other strings and i dont want to lower the threshold, because it will mess the sensitivity on other strings. My initial thought was to use a compressor before the wah, but i think envelope is triggered at input not locally in the block.
Is there a workaround?

Raise the treble side of your pickup. If the pickup has adjustable pole pieces, even better,

String imbalance must be fixed at the source, and the source is the guitar.

I have old school strat pickups with a 3rd string pole sticking out more and making 3rd string hotter. I wont get even balance adjusting pickup height.

I have old school strat pickups with a 3rd string pole sticking out more and making 3rd string hotter. I wont get even balance adjusting pickup height.
Those can be problematic. They're from an earlier era, when most electric guitars had wound G strings. Nowadays, people worship that vintage stagger because "It's vintage," even though it no longer makes sense.

You can still improve your situation at least partially by raising the treble side and/or lowering the bass side.

Back
Top Bottom