Envelope Filter Block Presets

Birdy

Inspired
Does anyone have a nice envelope filter block he'd like to share?
I'm like the one on John Mayers' solo in Wildfire, kinda warm and pleasant sounding.

Lots of filters in my presets collection, see my sig.

You kind of have to set up an Envelope Filter per guitar. As it’s dependent on the output volume of the guitar. And I’m assuming you’re talking about the Wah tied to the Envelope filter.
Anyway, once you get the Envelope setup and reacting in the proper range for your particular guitar, there’s a few parameters that imo are key to setting it up. Obviously which Wah to use, so whichever one ya like, and then your frequencies min /max, I’m using 285-1895kHz, but then ya wanna set the Taper, I like Log 20A it moves the taper more toward the middle of the sweep. (btw I’m using the Clyde) all these settings are on the Wah page. Then on the Edit Modifier Page one of the cool things you can use is the Damping control. This controls how fast or slow the Envelope, (the Wah) opens and closes. So you can experiment with that & bring it up to 25,35,45ms to kind of mellow out the effect.

The Attack parameter seems a more logical choice than Damping to control the speed of the envelope.

You kind of have to set up an Envelope Filter per guitar. As it’s dependent on the output volume of the guitar. And I’m assuming you’re talking about the Wah tied to the Envelope filter.
Anyway, once you get the Envelope setup and reacting in the proper range for your particular guitar, there’s a few parameters that imo are key to setting it up. Obviously which Wah to use, so whichever one ya like, and then your frequencies min /max, I’m using 285-1895kHz, but then ya wanna set the Taper, I like Log 20A it moves the taper more toward the middle of the sweep. (btw I’m using the Clyde) all these settings are on the Wah page. Then on the Edit Modifier Page one of the cool things you can use is the Damping control. This controls how fast or slow the Envelope, (the Wah) opens and closes. So you can experiment with that & bring it up to 25,35,45ms to kind of mellow out the effect.
Yeah I only use one guitar anyway.
I'm actually using the filter block, rather than a wah block.
Does the wah block sound like an envelope filter or like a "touch wah"?

The Attack parameter seems a more logical choice than Damping to control the speed of the envelope.
As far as I can tell they both have same result, as in they’re both slowing the opening of the Envelope. Not sure what the technical difference is between the two, but the end result seems to be the same.

Back
Top Bottom