envelope/damping fall time

gdgross

Experienced
Sometimes I'll use the envelope controller combined with a hundred or so ms of the damping parameter to achieve a sort of no attack/swell sound, like the boss slow gear pedal.

I've noticed that the damping works both ways though. if you aren't making sound on the guitar, it takes time to ramp up to whatever the envelope controller would normally generate. Conversely, if you are making sound and stop, it also takes time to ramp down to off.

Is there any way to keep the ramp on time but make the ramp off time 0, or something different from the ramp up time? I'd like to keep the slow attack when I play a new note or chord, but I'd like to be able to play the next note almost immediately after the first, and have the same ramp up behavior from the damping parameter. As it is now, if I play two notes in immediate succession, the "gate" is already open and I hear the full attack of the second note.

Thanks guys!

Once it's open, it's open. You have to totally stop playing then resume to get the envelope again.

If you want to improve this with envelope, set modifier damping to just a few ms (might sound fine at 0) and use the envelope parameters in the control menu to set attack/release times.

If you want to improve this with envelope, set modifier damping to just a few ms (might sound fine at 0) and use the envelope parameters in the control menu to set attack/release times.

That's a better idea.

Ah thanks! I didn't even realize there were adjustable parameters for the envelope controller.

If I can't get to where I want to be with that, I'll look at the Asdr as cliff suggested. Haven't used it yet tho, so I think it might be a bit of a learning curve.

Turns out this is pretty easy to do when I know the right parameters to adjust :)

Attack and release on the envelope was the ticket. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom