Entering edit mode - tone changes a little??

maxdown

Fractal Fanatic
It's nothing I'd call anyway bad or buggy ... but just curious if any one else notices a slight shift in tone, or perhaps more like increased presence, when entering edit mode on an amp block?

I had headphones on and just was playing some V10 factory presets - using front panel, I went to layout, paged to the amp block and hit edit - I just seem to hear the tone get a little 'brighter' even though I'd not tweaked anything yet.

Maybe I'm just imagining it .... but it seemed to happen in other presets as well. When I go back to layout without editing anything the tone does not change 'back' again.

I'm talking about the slightest change here - practically imperceivable. You might have to try a virgin factory preset that you've previously not edited and use headphones to reproduce.

Or am I just mad as a fish?

I bet you will not hear any difference if you don't move your head to look at the axe.
If so, your headphones are moving slightly.

I rarely use headphones and I notice that everytime I play wearing headphones.

I'm going to tell my wife I am perceptive after all!!

Ok - thanks guys .... I'm off to put two fingers in front of my eyes now and make a floating sausage :)

negative, not just perception , I 've noticed this as well, it only happens on patches I have not touched since updating to V10.
I don't hear it on patches that I've edidted since updating , but I definitely have noticed it on patches that I have not touched since the V10 update. Once edited and saved I don't hear it again.

lol ... just when I'd been talked out of it ....

Whatever ..... it's not in any way a 'problem' more a curio ..... I'm more surprised my ears still work enough to pick it up!

Whenever I hit X to check the settings of the amp block it sounds better to me. Don't notice the sound degrading when heading back to layout/recall though.

negative, not just perception , I 've noticed this as well, it only happens on patches I have not touched since updating to V10.
I don't hear it on patches that I've edidted since updating , but I definitely have noticed it on patches that I have not touched since the V10 update. Once edited and saved I don't hear it again.

This is pretty obvious...

Back
Top Bottom