Enhancer Block

It is closer to the TC Electronics Mimiq.
Not really, the mimiq has some variable detune and delay going on which makes it a more complex and less static effect.
The classic mode on the enhancer is just a fixed delay on one side, modern and stereoizer are just two different types of complementary comb filters.

Not really, the mimiq has some variable detune and delay going on which makes it a more complex and less static effect.
The classic mode on the enhancer is just a fixed delay on one side, modern and stereoizer are just two different types of complementary comb filters.
That is why I said closer to, not just like. Maybe Cliff will add the variable detune and delay at some point.

I use it... it gives you such a nice sound stage for stereo leads. Just don't go crazy with it. It kind of reminds me of soundstage 3 from cakewalk back in the day.. i wish it had as much control as soundstage 3 did

Its is an interesting block used in moderation. Don't know if Cliff ever explained exactly what it does. Its kind of cool how in stereo if you have it set wide and deep you can hear notes pop out on one side or the other. Best heard in IEM or headphones. Play one string up the scale to hear the effect. Has some crazy frequency panning going on. Ive been playing with the crossover block recently to kind of get that wider effect.

Does anyone use it mono? or strictly stereo?

I believe the classic mode in mono will create phasing issues. The modern version won't suffer from those, but the effect won't be audible as the comb filtering from each side, summed to mono, fills in the audio gaps.

I use it when listening through headphones. Sounds great! Gives a nice wide spacial feeling.

Back
Top Bottom