Enhancer Block: Amazing....

The block has a level parameter too. I use axe edit and have the enhancer settings saved so i dont need to think about stuff like that when dropping it into a preset.

I use it before two amp blocks on parallel lines with amp 1 input left and amp 2 input right. Each amp has its own cab block and those are panned hard left/hard right

Has anyone else noticed that one side of the stereo track registers at a different level when using the enhancer block?

Has anyone else noticed that one side of the stereo track registers at a different level when using the enhancer block?
Look closely. There are four level meters in each block. Are you sure you're not comparing the input pair to the output pair?

Look closely. There are four level meters in each block. Are you sure you're not comparing the input pair to the output pair?

Hey Rex. I’m actually referring to the input meters on my DAW (Studio One). I’m using the Axe as the interface via USB.

it depends on how you set the block, you can have all the sound coming mostly from one side if you want

it depends on how you set the block, you can have all the sound coming mostly from one side if you want

I just add it as the last block in the chain with default settings. I’m not playing with the balance or anything. Does one of the other parameters adjust the balance?

Hey Rex. I’m actually referring to the input meters on my DAW (Studio One). I’m using the Axe as the interface via USB.
Never mind. I thought you had an Axe-Fx III. The Axe II doesn’t have the meters I was referring to.

Last edited:
so does this get you close to the TC Mimiq effect? i know they have their secret algorithm, but i would just be looking to get 1 doubled gtr

I would like to check this out, but I want to make sure I am doing it right. I see a lot of talk on here about running mono vs stereo. I Got my axe FX about 2 years ago, but have not had as much time as I would like to learn it. I feel like I am still stuck in my old way of thinking with rigs and not thinking outside the box like I should be. That being said, here is how I am running the Axe. OUTPUT2 L to external noise gate. INPUT2 L from noise external gate. OUTPUT1 L+R to Power Amp. Power Amp to two 4x12 Cabs. So far, all of my presets are on one grid line, and I do not use any cab sims. Is this considered mono or stereo? Not sure if I need to split off to 2 grid outs for stereo or not. I want to give this a shot, but want to be able to compare mono vs stereo, as well as compare the difference with other effects. Thanks Joe

That's to be expected. The enhancer in modern mode divides up the sound. Depending on sound, or even what notes you're playing, one side might be a little louder than the other. One advantage of modern mode is it sums to mono without any artifacts, but the two sides will almost never be exactly the same level.

The TC Mimiq uses a different approach to making a mono signal sound stereo. It's primarily (but not entirely) a delay with the delay time step-modulated by an envelope trigger. It's extremely difficult, if not impossible, to achieve that same effect in the AxeFX.

My apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but in reading through the various responses to how the Enhancer is best utilized on the AX8, I had a quick question.

The venue (church) in which I play most often is not set up for stereo sound, but I "fake it" and add a bit of width to my sound by running both outputs on 2 seperate channels to FOH from my AX8, panned left and right. Is this enough of a trick to make the Enhancer viable for live use? I plan to try it, but thought I could save some time by just asking.

My apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but in reading through the various responses to how the Enhancer is best utilized on the AX8, I had a quick question.

The venue (church) in which I play most often is not set up for stereo sound, but I "fake it" and add a bit of width to my sound by running both outputs on 2 seperate channels to FOH from my AX8, panned left and right. Is this enough of a trick to make the Enhancer viable for live use? I plan to try it, but thought I could save some time by just asking.
If you don't play thru a stereo PA there's no reason to use the enhancer or to run 2 outputs into the mixer, won't make any difference

The venue (church) in which I play most often is not set up for stereo sound, but I "fake it" and add a bit of width to my sound by running both outputs on 2 seperate channels to FOH from my AX8, panned left and right.
You can’t “widen” a mono system. It’s still mono, and an Enhancer won’t help.

results would be comb filtered, u can also do that with multiple delays mixed in mono.
Brian May uses a phaser pedal for some interesting pre dist eq's.
"many ways to skin a cat" (apology to animal rights)

I can't say I've ever used the Enhancer block for too long - I always use the Chorus block after the Cab block, set to Dimension 1, Rate 0.250, Depth 25%, Mix between 15-25%. I find that sounds much nicer as a stereo widener, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom