Enhancer Block: Amazing....

Rain

Fractal Fanatic
Hello all, I just started using the Enhancer Block.... Wow !!! I'm running it in Modern Mode in Mono. It looks like I'll be updating all my Presets with it now... It's that good ..

Anyone else using it here ?

I discovered it in the stock Limelight patch, which I now use with the Vox Beatles IR. Bliss, bliss and more.

I love it, just makes all my cleans and very low gain amps (Vox,fenders) etc just sound so much bigger.

I love it too.. but find there is a sweet spot to each preset and too much or too little makes the preset sound worse than not using it at all.

The Enhancer does basically what the BBE Sonic Maximiser does, right? Delaying certain bands to simulate a mid cut and "hyped" sound?

I never use it. Can someone give some examples how they use it? With some settings to try out. Thanks

btw, running the enhancer in mono is a recipe for possible phase weirdness and a crappy sound, imo. it works by changing the phase relationships between certain frequencies in the left and right channels (in modern mode) and in classic mode, introduces a short delay between the left and right channels. this makes the stereo image wider. collapsing these effects to mono is pretty pointless and will certainly make your tone worse, not better, in my opinion

Thanks Simeon, I'll have to be careful with the Phase Issue in my Presets when I add it. I only tried it on 1 Preset so far. I was going by what I read in the Manual. [emoji2]

Modern Enhancer Parameters
The Modern Enhancer creates a widening effect through frequency-based separation of left and right channels. In comparison to the Classic Enhancer, it does not introduce the risk of phase cancellation issues when the signal is later summed to mono, and therefore poses less of a risk for use in presets.

Last edited:
yes, that's true...it is mono compatible, if you sum both sides to mono, but it also says "Note that it is NOT recommended to use the Enhancer if just using one side of a stereo output as phasing effects may be encountered."

basically, if you're running in mono....don't use it. you don't get any advantage summing to mono and you run the risk of phasing problems if you only use one side of a stereo pair

Hello all, I just started using the Enhancer Block.... Wow !!! I'm running it in Modern Mode in Mono. It looks like I'll be updating all my Presets with it now... It's that good ..

Anyone else using it here ?

Last block in all my presets. I use Modern Mode as well.

Last edited:
In mono the enhancer block is working more like an EQ. The shift in phase between frequency bands or the delay in time is intended to create extra width in stereo, but when collapsed to mono those differences create cancellations. Whether those cancellations sound good to you is up to taste, but its a case of using a tool "the wrong way". Its really only going to be an issue if you track that way and then don't like the effect it has later on when you cant undo it.

Back
Top Bottom