Enhancer and Whammy placement??

GtarLover

Experienced
I am sure this has been discussed before, so patron my inability to find the thread.

Wanting to ask where is the "best" placement of reach of these blocks.
Before amp, before specific effects, doesn't matter????

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Thanks Dime...gotta do some research.
Maybe this weekend, when I download 16.02, except I have a gig. Oops, maybe next week.

Any other ways you guys run these??

I am sure this has been discussed before, so patron my inability to find the thread.

Wanting to ask where is the "best" placement of reach of these blocks.
Before amp, before specific effects, doesn't matter????

pitch effects usually work best before the amp, since distortion adds a ton of harmonics and can make pitch shifting more difficult.

enhancer effects usually work best as the very last effect so it can affect the stereo spread of all sounds/blocks before it.

but definitely try putting them in different places and see what sounds best to you.

patron..jpg

I like pitch shifting best after the amp, when it comes to multiple signals (harmonies and chords). But always before the Cab.

Amp distortion messing up tracking isn't a problem because Pitch source can be set to Global instead of Local.

I like pitch shifting best after the amp, when it comes to multiple signals (harmonies and chords). But always before the Cab.

Amp distortion messing up tracking isn't a problem because Pitch source can be set to Global instead of Local.

That too!

Exactly the same here.

Whoa, never really understood that Global/Local stuff until now, thanks!
Gonna have to try it out, I have previously used whammy in front of the amp when pitching up and after the cab for pitching down which requires me to use both of the pitch blocks.
Thanks!

I was try that Global/Local feature tonight first time ,i run my pitch block first in chain and i have used that Global engage always. And that block job is make my guitar -5 steps below ,that Local setting was big surprise for me. That Local setting did have lots of good things there ,but in some parts that Global did work little bit better.

Now is very hard to decide will i use Global or Local ,both have own good things damn. Yek if i change one preset Local or few presets to Local and i save those ,will Axe FX II then overwrite that Local settings for all my presets?

I was try that Global/Local feature tonight first time ,i run my pitch block first in chain and i have used that Global engage always. And that block job is make my guitar -5 steps below ,that Local setting was big surprise for me. That Local setting did have lots of good things there ,but in some parts that Global did work little bit better.

Now is very hard to decide will i use Global or Local ,both have own good things damn. Yek if i change one preset Local or few presets to Local and i save those ,will Axe FX II then overwrite that Local settings for all my presets?

No, just per preset. Unless you use "global" Pitch blocks.

Back
Top Bottom