ENGL412 cabinet + f12x200

Raimondas

Hello,

im just interested, would i get a good FRFR solution if i would rip out my ENGL 412 V30 speakers out and add https://celestion.com/product/200/f12x200/ these 4 into it for AXE FX 2 ? is anyone familiar with guitar cabs used for FRFR cabinet solutions with any FRFR speakers in it ? i just wonder should i be a blueamps 212, or a ENGL 412 with speakers would be better solution :)

Would not be FRFR, but what they call Full Range *Guitar* Response (or something similar), but hey any of these options should sound killer ;)
I would not expect any IRs to translate well in such a cab. It's more like you have nice extended range for the cab not to sound scoop on some high-end-heavy effects like "crystals" in the pitch block.

I think that for the cost of 4 speakers you can by one real decent FRFR cabinet, maybe even new.
Heaving a big box is not the intention of FRFR, eventually you need it as a monitor, not as the main speaker on stage.

I think the OP is thinking he wants an FRFR cab that looks like how a rock/metal guitar should look like. Not about the “sensible” think to do, but the appearance. (Which I understand, and am thinking to with a 2x12 vertical cab.

Put the new speaker in a cool cab that you like, not a wedge!

Back
Top Bottom