ENGL Steve Morse PREAMP tone matched! Here's the lead patch!

Don7v

Hey all,

I managed to tone match the PREAMP of my ENGL Steve Morse Signature 100W head by using the 4CM. Did it work?? Yes it did work actually because by using the Steve Morse for reference and the Energyball as the local signal I got the nice, fat, cheesy, ballzy sound my ENGL Steve Morse has!! Amazing!

Check out the lead patch

View attachment ENGL SM CH3 BB Tone On.syx

Let me know if the preset works! please!!

Here's a couple of pictures of the set up:

DSC05605.jpgDSC05609.jpg

Sounds great and very Engl. Good job. Any chance of seeing if the other channels on the Morse Engl match up for clean tones etc ?

Nice, that so much people like the preset! Guys: Working Out this was based on this thread, where i correspondend with don7v (and year2525 who fiind out how the shynts block test tone will work) to find out, how a AMP MATCHING template could be working. you`ll find it here:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...te-commented-axe-edit-picture.html#post664206

THIS cooperation results in a TUTORIAL and new AMP MATCHING Template version2 you`ll can download for doing AMP Matchings yourself! Take a look, study and match your Amps and share ;). TO THE TUTORIAL and preset:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...tching-sinesweep-b-comparison.html#post667659

Hope you`ll agree, that this is not hitch hiking the thread, more giving backround knowledge, how the preset from Don7v comes alive ...

Absolutely! No problem morphosis, I know this is not thread hitch hiking. I simply made a new thread with the preset because I didn't use the simultaneous A/B comparison and I didnt use the SYNTH block either. When you hear the L (say real amp) separately and the R (energyball) I was hearing a clean note along with the distorted on and I thought this would compromise the tone match. So I removed everything and added to the grid only axe amp, TMA and FXL. When I wanted to listen to the axe amp and tweak I was dragging it inline with the TMA block. When I wanted to listen to the FXL block I was dragging it inline with the TMA block and removed the axe amp block..hahahahah...And all this...simply because I am still a noobe..hehe. A/B separation--> THAT I understand. But I have no idea at all about how the SYNTH works and what it does. When I give it a try I will be dying to listen to the difference and compare it with the one I made. I'm guessing it will be superior!!

oh yeah, I remembered that you have the AXE (and not the II) the moment I pressed "post quick reply". Sorry about that. Maybe I'll post a clip or two so you can get an idea of how it sounds. I basically used the 4CM so I have an FXL block, an amp block (energyball) and a TMA block. Set my reference tone to IN2L because that's where the transfered signal of the real amp's preamp enters the grid. However, despite the ultra low noise tech I got a lot of feedback (like when you have a real amp really loud and you hear the feedback through the cab. I dont know if this is normal or how you can decrease it. I remembered the Humbuster technology where you can use TRS to TS cable but this applies to OUTS 1 & 2. For connecting the IN2L to the RETURN of the real amp I used TRS to TRS, since I know that IN2L is balanced (but RETURN of the amp is TS unbalanced). Maybe that's what caused it.

Anyways, I'll keep you updated! ;_)

Hey all,

I managed to tone match the PREAMP of my ENGL Steve Morse Signature 100W head by using the 4CM. Did it work?? Yes it did work actually because by using the Steve Morse for reference and the Energyball as the local signal I got the nice, fat, cheesy, ballzy sound my ENGL Steve Morse has!! Amazing!

Check out the lead patch

View attachment 11119

Let me know if the preset works! please!!

Here's a couple of pictures of the set up:

View attachment 11120View attachment 11121

This was the very first amp that came up on my internal wishlist when tone matching first came out. I can't wait to try the patch (I was saving for that amp when I decided to get the Axe FX). THANK YOU!!!

Nice! Glad to hear that you like that particular model. Remember though that this lead patch was created based on the settings I have on my real ENGL SM and these particular settings satisfy my taste. With this beast of an amp you can dial in a completely different setting for leads to match your taste. It really does sound the same with the settigns I ve dialed on the real Amp though!

Happy playing!! I hope you enjoy the preset!
Don

Back
Top Bottom