Engl Standard 4x12 IR Collection, V12-60 speakers

aziz

Power User
Hi!
This is a IR collection of "Engl E412 Standart" with Celestion V12-60 speakers. It's a less captured cab than the usual Marshalls and Mesas. Mics include AKG 414, Sennheiser md421, 441, e609, and of course Shure SM57. Captured with 80's Marshall rack 2x50w power amp, MIC+DI -method. (Huge difference with this amp...)

Some of these worked really nice with oldskool Plexi models, such as the 1987 and new 1970Plexi, while other were pretty good for fire breathing 5150 models. This time I went crazy with the SM57 captures, there's 150'ish of them and 60 of other mics combined. I recommend you check the ones named "Omistaja" and "Korva" first in SM57 folder. Oh, and there's a weird bugged ir, "SM57_omistaja2_06_".

I think I got better results this time, compared to my last collection of Marshall 1960. Don't be scared, it's not just brutality.

Edit: I just added a few similar mixes to the root of the folder, #8 is the one in the clip.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6dynj1wp0aeg6s/Engl 4x12 Standart.zip?dl=0

H75187000002000-00-500x500.jpg

Last edited:
Very good! Mix 4 is a fave. Reminds me of a couple of my Ir mixes. Thanks!

Those mixes were basically just tiny variations of the same cablab session, piercing highs come from the sm57 murder.ir, and the rest from various other irs. Basically one from each mic, and slight balance changes between them.

Last edited:
Thanks I have one of these cabs so will be nice to have a play using these to send to desk on occasions when I use the cab for backline. It is an underated cab in my opinions the V60s are great sounding speakers to my ears and I have V30s and CL80s in my other cab.

Thank you for sharing this - I will try these cabs after reparing my Axe Fx II.......sounds incredible in your soundexample!

Found some useful samples on this. Good job! Here is quick sample mix with no post proc. The amp is FAS6160

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom