ENGL 930/120 WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Javilynch

Inspired
:eek: :eek:

I'm testing my new acquisition, a 930/120 engl ...
I tried adjusting the axe + sla to try to sound like this monster,but not..... :cry:
p.a sim on, or off, this monster sounds amazing in any situation! much better than my vht 2/90/2!!!

Highly recommended for anyone who wants to have tubes in the set up!!!

:shock:

Really!!!

I'm thinking about getting a VHT 90/2/90 for my Axe rig.

Can you please explain the tonal differances between the two?

Also, what are the speakers in your cab?

Cheers.

my first setup was axe + VHT 2/90/2, , my next set up was ax + sla2 art, and now I have the 930/120.

VHT sounded very good, but maybe something sterile to me, with the art, I got a very similar tone, but with the engl, the sound is great, even with the p.a sim !!

best tone until now clean,cruch or hi gain.

love my new set up!

ey,my art sla 2 now is close to the engl!!!!...very very close,using this eq in global eq...

125 ---------------- +1.8

250 ---------------- +0.2

500 ---------------- -1.7

1k ------------------ -3,5

2k ----------------- -2,3

4k -------------------- -1

8k -------------------- +0.5

Cheers!

Javilynch said:
ey,my art sla 2 now is close to the engl!!!!...very very close,using this eq in global eq...

125 ---------------- +1.8

250 ---------------- +0.2

500 ---------------- -1.7

1k ------------------ -3,5

2k ----------------- -2,3

4k -------------------- -1

8k -------------------- +0.5

Cheers!
D'oh!

well.................art is close at low volume.....only....when i push the volume in the engl.....WOW....incredible tone(.p.a sim on tweaked)

love my new power amp!

You should hear my mesa 2:100! I also had an art and sold it yesterday.... like you said... good at low volumes but crank it up and the art cant keep up.

Just curious... if you leave p.a. sims on what are the normal things you tweak p.a settings? and where do normally have your presence?

Thanks

Hi !!

I've achieved extraordinary results with damp 100% and sag AT minimun (4),According to simulation I'm using, I tweak the advanced parameters,in the engl the presence is at 12'oclock.,with this configuration, I can use the sim without any problem!!

and the sound is .................GREAT!

:p

Felix said:
Tricki said:
Germans call this pattern "Badewane" (Bath tub)

The ART really has plenty of mids. Much more than a tube amp.
I think it's the other way round. The Art is IMHO quite flat but we are used to this kind of "bath tub"/"loudness-switch"- characteristic of Guitar Amps

Back
Top Bottom