End Caps: On or Off?

To close the loop on this thread now that I’ve had FM3 for a week:

You can easily remove the end caps but you’ll still need to keep the vents unobstructed.I experimented with them off, using 3M Dual Lock as small risers. It worked fine but I prefer the look with end caps on.
153EC54D-E2D7-40CC-B191-C34731270350.jpeg905E095A-433C-49D1-B9AA-74147D645FCD.jpeg

using a pedaltrain classic jr
end caps are off (just fm3, do not own fc)
bottom fan port placed in the space between slats.
works fine for me.

So if you have a flat carpet board , leave the sides on so air can get underneath and space 1/2 apart from the fc 6 ? And how would I attach to board?

So if you have a flat carpet board , leave the sides on so air can get underneath and space 1/2 apart from the fc 6 ? And how would I attach to board?
You might have to cut the carpet ayaw in the places you are going to attach if you use hook loop. If you chose to use screws then you should be able to go right through the board into the FM just measure to make sure you use the correct length screws before you mount it. As too side spacing no less than 1/8" apart on either side will be sufficient it has to be able to breath. I chose to go with a 1/4 (6mil) for spacing on my board.

You can get the 3M 3550 Dual lock and use two pieces with the sticky sides stuck together to make a riser. So one piece stuck to the bottom of the FM3, then the riser, amd the riser sticks to the carpet. It’s suuuper simple and works perfectly.

C5F31A9C-3119-4CBB-9A6D-3CDC9EFC19A6.jpeg

95F78CCD-8C5F-424E-8378-15BBAB3AE70B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom