Wish Enable/Disable Bank Flashing Presets

jordikt

Experienced
Recent firmware changed the behaviour of bank navigation.

Nowadays, when footswitches are showing presets of a non-active bank, the rings of all presets of the bank are flashing.

Flashing of light are very disturbing for some people (like me). Flashing leds get me agitated.

I would like to have the option to enable/disable this flashing behaviour in the Preferences.

If this preference is disabled, then FM3 works like the "old" system: a non-active bank shows all rings with soft led, and the active bank shows the active preset with intense led and the rest with soft led.

I also suggest that any change you implement in the future related to flashing leds, you should always let enable/disable any flashing behaviour to the user.

Thanks a lot.

To me it feels inconsistent with other UI implementations.

On the AX8, the footswitches would blink while you’re scrolling through banks of presets, but only in Single Preset mode (not Sticky Preset). On the H* products, same thing - preset choices blink only if you’re in the single choice mode. If the device is set to always show presets (like a sticky mode), they don’t blink. Everything blinking implies the footswitches are going to change to another mode once you’ve made a selection. They “exit” the preset selection mode after your choice.

In the context of the FM3, being on the Preset layout is like being in a sticky preset mode that always shows your presets. Blinking preset LEDs would make sense if the layout switched from Presets to Scenes after your selection (for example).

Scene LEDs don’t blink in anticipation of a selection, so now that’s inconsistent with Preset LEDs. There was a Single Scene selection mode on the AX8, and those blinked (and then returned you to your previous footswitch configuration after your choice). Of course, Sticky Scene switches didn’t blink.

The blinking doesn’t personally bother me, but inconsistency does.

Blinking is a very common feature with general MIDI controllers, when using Bank Up/Down. It’s a way to make users aware that the functionality of the switches changes, depending on the selected bank.
It’s not implemented for scenes because scenes have no banks.

Blinking is a very common feature with general MIDI controllers, when using Bank Up/Down. It’s a way to make users aware that the functionality of the switches changes, depending on the selected bank.
It’s not implemented for scenes because scenes have no banks.
Fully agree that is a very common feature, and it is also very useful for a lot of users.

But I think it's easy to understand that there are users (maybe few, maybe several) that prefer avoid flashing features. For example, there are several threads asking for disabling tap tempo blibking in this forum.
In my case, I have one footswitch for tap tempo in all my layouts. I need it and I like it. But I have this footswitch always with no led, because constant flashing is a nightmare for me.
So, for tap tempo, I have solution. :D

But for bank navigation, I need the light on. That's the reason for wishing that FAS gives me the choice to decide to enable/disable this feature.

And it would be super to have a global option for enable/disable flashing features, of course....:cool:

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom