Depth 10%.
Feedback 80%.
Time 0.75.
Mix 50%.
Level 3.0.
High Cut 7990.
Drive 0.
Auto Depth Off.

I have both the original and reissue M117's from MXR. As a long time user, these settings sound really very impressive.

Just a personal preference, I made another block with an "analog" effect type with all the suggested settings too. They both (digital/analog) sound amazing (in fact, I'm kind of indecisive between the two).

Regardless, this totally gets to me to where I wanna be, and sounds a million times better than what I was using.

Thank you again!

Good to hear. I dialed in the tone based on a YouTube video.

BTW, all flanger 'types' (digital, analog etc) are based on the same algorithm.
The difference between Analog and Digital probably is just the default High Cut value.
Which is already lowered in my suggested settings.
So it's quite possible that there's is no difference with the Analog setting.

Good to hear. I dialed in the tone based on a YouTube video.

BTW, all flanger 'types' (digital, analog etc) are based on the same algorithm.
The difference between Analog and Digital probably is just the default High Cut value.
Which is already lowered in my suggested settings.
So it's quite possible that there's is no difference with the Analog setting.

From a YouTube video? All the more impressive. Seriously, you have quite an ear and the skills to go with it.

It's funny, as for the analog/digital I had a feeling the might be some Freudian psychology going on there, thanks for the validation LOL. Knowledge is power, good to know!

Thanks!

Phaser really changes pre or post amp, yek where do you rec. the phaser, I see u placed flanger before amp, thanks again.

Try this:

type: Script 90
Rate: 0.240
Depth: 9.03
Feedback 12.9
Freq: 134.9
Tone: 2.50
Mix: 50%
Level: 2.50

Just tried this using the following chain: PHASER - BB DRIVE - 5153 BLUE - 5153 4X12 MIX 1 - ANALOG MONO DELAY - REVERB. It sounds fantastic to my ears with my Wolfgang plugged in. Thanks a lot Yek.

Minor adjustments to bring it closer to the MXR Flanger in EVH mode:

Rate 0.422
Feedback 82.5

I'd like to share (add) just a minor personal preference... I find for most of the early VH (Unchained, Everybody Want's Some, Ain't Talkn' Bout love, etc..) I like to set the MIX to 100%.

I did and actual A/B against the old "mighty" gray MXR - M117 and the original has a very aggressive signal. Bringing the mix to 100% really makes it more realistic and believable (to my ear at least).

Still blows my mind Yek pulled this off based on a YouTube video. Incredible.

Thanks again!

I'd like to share (add) just a minor personal preference... I find for most of the early VH (Unchained, Everybody Want's Some, Ain't Talkn' Bout love, etc..) I like to set the MIX to 100%.

I did and actual A/B against the old "mighty" gray MXR - M117 and the original has a very aggressive signal. Bringing the mix to 100% really makes it more realistic and believable (to my ear at least).

Still blows my mind Yek pulled this off based on a YouTube video. Incredible.

Thanks again!

Are you running the blocks in parallel? Setting mix to 100% kills the effect and gives you vibrato not phaser or flanger. It's the combination of the delayed and dry signals that causes the comb filtering effects of phaser and flanger. 50% mix gives the deepest phase cancellation.

Flanger before Amp.
Digital Mono.
Rate 0.407.
Depth 10%.
Feedback 80%.
Time 0.75.
Mix 50%.
Level 3.0.
High Cut 7990.
Drive 0.
Auto Depth Off.
Resurrecting an old thread. These settings work really well on the FX8 FW 5.02 Thanks for figuring this out!!!

I played with the rate and settled on .411. That works best with my tempo for Unchained and Hear About it Later. Also bumped the Feedback up to 83%, and the Mix up to 75%. It's Damn close!!!

Back
Top Bottom