Emulating Mark 4 'Pull Fat' switch on Gain knob.

CrunchyBob

Inspired
Not sure if this is the correct sub-forum, but...

I use this function religiously on my Mk4... A) It makes R2 almost bearable/usable and B) It makes the lead mode 'Rawk'. If I am not mistaken it was called the 'Pull Shift' feature in the old Mk2C's back in the day, tied to the Treble knob.

I have tried a mid boost via the PEQ block trying wide and narrow Q's and different Freq's prior to the amp block, but its not the same. I have also toyed with the drive block prior, with meh results.

Any ideas? Or, Should this be an Amp model request for a future Firmware?

Last edited:
not sure if this helps or not, but from the wiki...

Lead/Lead Brt models are modeled with Mid Gain off. The + models have Mid Gain switched on

Note that the models are modeled with the amp’s Pull Shift knob disengaged. To replicate the function of the Pull Shift, set the Depth to zero.

Also note that the gain of these models has been increased by about two as most people set the Drive knob higher than the setting used in the original models. You can fine-tune the gain using the Input Trim parameter in the Advanced menu.

Also note that the Presence control (as in the actual amp) is neutral when set to 5.00 (noon). Turning the knob CCW decreases the amount of presence and vice-versa.

not sure if this helps or not, but from the wiki...

Also note that the Presence control (as in the actual amp) is neutral when set to 5.00 (noon). Turning the knob CCW decreases the amount of presence and vice-versa.

Thank you sir... That presence anomaly is interesting, as I found on both the Sim and the Amp sounds best to me b/w 0-1. I think its time to hook the ole' gal back up and do some critical A/B comparisons b/w it and the AF2. Maybe time to learn to do a tonematch.

BTW - I sampled your one album available on eMusic (Captured). Good stuff, right up one of my alleys. I'll pick it up when my monthly credit allotment refreshes. Where is your other material available?

Back
Top Bottom