Empress ZOIA

I've been lusting after this since they announced it at NAMM in January of LAST year. I may have foolishly ordered one yesterday. In my defense, however, I'm still not certain the pre-order announcement wasn't an April Fool's joke. Let's see what comes in the mail in a few weeks....

Edit: Here's the video from last year's announce that hooked me.

Last edited:
Just when I thought the Axe had quenched my thirst for pedal GAS I feel a slight pebble starting to move, setting the stage for a potential GAS avalanche.

Must. Resist. Urge.....

Just when I thought the Axe had quenched my thirst for pedal GAS I feel a slight pebble starting to move, setting the stage for a potential GAS avalanche.

Must. Resist. Urge.....

Exactly. For whatever reason, a few weeks ago, I dug out the board I had packed up after getting the III. I guess I missed the instant tactile pedal thing. Anyway, the last few weeks have not been kind to the wallet, and then I see this damn thing. Something I don't really need badly, and looks like it will take a ton of my limited free time just to figure out, but I'm probably ordering one anyway.

I was sick on Wednesday and watched a 1 hour tutorial on a pedal I don't even own.

It intimidates me, but I have GAS for one. Maybe for my birthday?

I was sick on Wednesday and watched a 1 hour tutorial on a pedal I don't even own.

It intimidates me, but I have GAS for one. Maybe for my birthday?

I ordered one of the stupid things. I'm probably going to hate it, and I can't even come up with a good use for it at the moment, but it'll be showing up. Who knows when I'll have time to screw with it.

It's going on a board I'm messing with. I'm going to add some stuff to it and disconnect it from the AxeFx, because it's way too much of a pain in the ass to deal with adding OUT-IN blocks to every preset I want to check out. While I get that it's powerful to be able to add things anywhere in the signal chain, I'd bet that if IN/OUT3 for example, could be globally defined to be before the amp, or maybe a few other choices, a lot of people would use it.

Looks cool, but for those kinds of sounds I tend to prefer a keyboard, DAW and plugins. I’m not creative enough to want to experiment with a pedal like that. The interface looks frustrating.

I got an email about this pedal and it's been in the back of my mind lately, seeing that video makes me want it for sure (time sink or not)

Wow... I haven't really looked at any pedals since I bought my first Axe Fx in 2013, except to get current used prices so I could sell mine off. This looks really interesting!

Man, I think watched about 2 hours of video yesterday!

It seems like this can basically also be used as a pitch to midi based guitar synth, too.

The biggest concern I have is that it's so deep... You'd think there would be a editor you could use.

Man, I think watched about 2 hours of video yesterday!

It seems like this can basically also be used as a pitch to midi based guitar synth, too.

The biggest concern I have is that it's so deep... You'd think there would be a editor you could use.
Does the infrastructure of the pedal allow for something like an editor? That could be a big deal for a lot of people (if there isn't one)

Does the infrastructure of the pedal allow for something like an editor? That could be a big deal for a lot of people (if there isn't one)
Well... I'm actually not sure how well it could work.

During one of the videos I watched from NAMM (last year's, I think) there was a quick "exploded" view of modules and parameter links (I'm pretty sure that's what it was). I looked like a Network Operations Center device/network map!

Well... I'm actually not sure how well it could work.

During one of the videos I watched from NAMM (last year's, I think) there was a quick "exploded" view of modules and parameter links (I'm pretty sure that's what it was). I looked like a Network Operations Center device/network map!
I also realized there's no USB port on it, unless there's a way to use the micro sd card to program?

I also realized there's no USB port on it, unless there's a way to use the micro sd card to program?
Well, there is midi but there is so much to control I can't imagine trying to do that... Although I suppose it could do a proprietary protocol over the midi connection (ala Fractal).

Yeah, no USB on it, but you can supposedly trade patches with people on the micro-sd card. The USB seems like a weird omission though, if only to allow you to drag and drop files without having to screw with a separate reader.

Can someone confirm my understanding that this pedal can effectively be a pitch to midi converter which can control both onboard or outboard synths?

Back
Top Bottom