Emotional, Ambient (Almost Soundtrack-like) DUMBLE Clean Sound

AdamAntium

Hi everyone!

Here's a sound I came up with recently that I'm a bit obsessed with. I'm mostly obsessed with the Dumble amplifier in the Axe-FX II XL, I think like 40% of the sounds I've made so far have used it. To demonstrate it's versatility, I came up with this great clean sound with lots of delicious headroom and a great amount of sustain with a modulating reverb. It's so creamy and silky. It makes me want to stare into the sunset over an open field, with only the sound of trees and grass dancing to the wind.

I think you get what I'm talking about.

Get the tone HERE: Axe-Change - Download Preset - DumbleClean-Ambient/Emo - by AdamAntium

Notes about the sound:

-There is a MultiDly block that you can engage if you want a chorus effect that also widens the stereo image. I did not use it in the video.

Thanks!

Thanks guys =)

Not a super exciting or complex sound, and not necessarily something that gives you that really signature Dumble sound. It just goes to show how versatile this amp can be.

Nice. Tone reminded me of some of the clean tones on Sevendust's Hope & Sorrow. I think the song "Fear" comes to mind. Love it!

Oh, and I thoroughly enjoyed the intro as well :)

+1 for patch overview for us non-XLers

Ask and you shall receive =)

LgRSY9k.jpg

Attachments

• dumblecleanambientsettings.jpg
    dumblecleanambientsettings.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Very nice.

What's that song called again?

That is such a nice tone! It reminds me of the intro to a Hillsong piece called 'With all I am' (probably not at all what Adam was doing). Although it is primarily played by keys, I think the guitar and Dumble combination sound mucho better!

That is such a nice tone! It reminds me of the intro to a Hillsong piece called 'With all I am' (probably not at all what Adam was doing). Although it is primarily played by keys, I think the guitar and Dumble combination sound mucho better!

Thanks for listening ;)

This tone isn't really the "iconic" Dumble sound, but it proves that this amp is so incredibly versatile.

Very cool tone! I'm going to dial that into my II.

As for Yek's question, it definitely sounds like a few Cloudkicker tracks.. mainly "Let Yourself Be Huge" (title track) and Loop's track "3".

Is that a stock cab or is it from a cab pack?

Just a stock cab! The rumble is the dumble cab.

Is that a PRS SE 245? Cool guitar!

Way better than that - Vigier GV Wood! http://vigierusa.com/index.php/guitars/g-v/g-v-wood/

Very cool tone! I'm going to dial that into my II.

As for Yek's question, it definitely sounds like a few Cloudkicker tracks.. mainly "Let Yourself Be Huge" (title track) and Loop's track "3".

Thanks for checking it out! I love Cloudkicker, so that's entirely possible.

Back
Top Bottom