Eminence Wizard & Eminence Governor UR IRs - Test Batch

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
Hi,

4 Eminence Wizard & 4 Eminence Governor UR IRs for Axe-Fx II & XL. I experiment at the moment with different methods to find sweet spots, so i really would appreciate some feedback from you guys ... all IRs are Single Mic Shure SM57.

So, each speaker folder contain 4 IRs. Which two IRs do you like best compared within the rest of the same folder? Feedback in comparison to any IRs you like also welcome :)

Personally, i am very happy with at least one IR each folder... perhaps you too? Let me know, please :)

By the way: Speaker tab -> Low Res 95-97Hz should match the cabinet authentic...

Thank you in advance!!!
M.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Last edited:
Holy moly! Thanks much for the clip! Sounds great! Never imagined, that this speaker could sound like this ;) Personally i´m more the "classic rock / blues sound" guy... So, you prefer 10 from WIZ? A hint of your preference of the GOV folder?

Thanks man!

Holy moly! Sounds great! Never imagined, that this speaker could sound like this ;) So, you prefer 10 from WIZ? A hint of your preference of the GOV folder?

Thanks man!

Thanks man! To be honest I really like them all, no joke. On the Governor, I'd say F & J.

Are you planning on doing more IR's? How did you capture these?

Thanks man! To be honest I really like them all, no joke. On the Governor, I'd say F & J.

Are you planning on doing more IR's? How did you capture these?

F&J, allright, quoted ;) I spent some time (arghhhh ... many time) for research different capture methods, different methods to find sweet spots, etc ... and the more i do so, the more i believe i get best results using very similiar methods like CK do (i assume) ... but for a first hint: the "CK method" would end in number "9" on the wizard, not on "10" ;) Anyhow, if it sounds good - it is good, right? ...

So in fact: Those IRs are some exercises for a IR shooting we want do at the upcoming german Axe-Fest with some different cabs... At the moment I try to figure out, on which path we could get the best results ... and these IRs here are a intermediary result of that ongoing working process...

so, that`s why i ask for preferences to get a better understanding, what could be a good way...

Last edited:
F&J, allright, quoted ;) I spent some time (ähhh ... many time) for research different capture methods, different methods to find sweet spots, etc ... and the more i do so, the more i believe i get best results using very similiar methods like CK do (i assume) ... but for a first hint: the "CK method" would end in number "9" on the wizard, not on "10" ;) Anyhow, if it sounds good - it is good, right? ...

So in fact: Those IRs are some exercises for a IR shooting we want do at the upcoming german Axe-Fest with some different cabs... At the moment I´ll try to figure out, on which path we could get the best results ... and these IRs here are a result of that ongoing working process...

so, that`s why i ask for preferences to get a better understanding, what could be a good way...

Yeah I thought #9 sounded like CK-ish and so does "I" in the wizard folder, it's not like I dislike it. Again I like them all. :D Nice work!!!
I'm excited to check out the different cabs as well.

Keep up the great work!!! :encouragement:

Hello... Curious as to what the Cab(s) is/are. Sorry if that was mentioned earlier.

Thanks again

Hi,

4 Eminence Wizard & 4 Eminence Governor UR IRs for Axe-Fx II & XL. I experiment at the moment with different methods to find sweet spots, so i really would appreciate some feedback from you guys ... all IRs are Single Mic Shure SM57.

So, each speaker folder contain 4 IRs. Which two IRs do you like best compared within the rest of the same folder? Feedback in comparison to any IRs you like also welcome :)

Personally, i am very happy with at least one IR each folder... perhaps you too? Let me know, please :)

By the way: Speaker tab -> Low Res 95-97Hz should match the cabinet authentic...

Thanks in advanced
M.

Hello.. Curious what cab(s) these are... Sorry if I missed it in the earlier thread.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Cab is a "custom" german Tubetown Rex Pro 2x12" in Marshall purple ;)

Last edited:
My version is the "full configurated" one: Mono/Stereo/Single Speaker & Flex-Back. Flexback means: you can put out the middle panel of the back for "open" and set in will be "closed". The IRs in this test-batch were shoted in "open" mode...

Why did you ask, hope that this information diid not influence your preference judge of the single IRs per test-batch !? ;)

Last edited:
I'll give these a try sometime this week. I've always been interested in the Governors. Clips I've heard of them sound great. Will report back later this week after I give em a whirl. Thanks!

That is awesome. I was just curious about the cab so I would have a feel for which amps to try first. I will run these tonight & get some feedback to you. Plus it is interesting to see something new. I am pretty certain I have never had access to a TubeTown Rex with these speakers. Thanks again for the gift. I have recently purchased a couple of the OwnHammer Mix IR cabs and have spent lots of time in audition mode.

My version is the "full configurated" one: Mono/Stereo/Single Speaker & Flex-Back. Flexback means: you can put out the middle panel of the back for "open" and set in will be "closed". The IRs in this test-batch were shoted in "open" mode...

Why did you ask, hope that this information diid not influence your preference judge of the single IRs per test-batch !? ;)

(...)I would have a feel for which amps to try first. I will run these tonight & get some feedback to you.
Thank you in advanced! Much appreciated! I`m curious, what you`d say...

I have recently purchased a couple of the OwnHammer Mix IR cabs(...)

Please consider, that these are all single SM57 - no Mixes ... so ... but anyhow ... let me know! :) Critique welcome!

I would like to know which of the single ir's has Hubi used for this test...:encouragement:

From left to right:

Sample 1 = IR not included for some reason, sorry
Sample 2 = IR 9
Sample 3 = IR 10
Sample 4 = IR not included for some reason, sorry
Sample 5 = IR B
Sample 6 = IR I

So, still no Governor in gainy-action (which i prefer for gain... personally) ... ;)

very interesting !
I have the same TT REx Pro Cab with Eminence Gov & Cannabis REX inside !
Had a Gov+Wizard before and now I put the wzard in a open back Palmer 1*12

have to give it a try.

very interesting !
I have the same TT REx Pro Cab with Eminence Gov & Cannabis REX inside !
Had a Gov+Wizard before and now I put the wzard in a open back Palmer 1*12

have to give it a try.

so, THIS would be interesting, what you`d say! ;) You know the real deal so ... ! How is the difference of the Cannabis to the other ones?

Back
Top Bottom