Eminence Patriot Ragin' Cajun 10"

PerChr

Experienced
Hi,

Although I've taken a break from my free CabPack production, I thought I'd share a couple of IR's for you.
A while a go I did some test shootings of my little grab-and-go combo amp, the Palmer Fab5.
It's an excellent little Class-A amp, loaded with an Eminence Ragin Cajun 10" speaker.

Here are two different mixes of some captures done with the Aston Origin (LDC) microphone.
They sound pretty good to me, and since there aren't that many small speakers IR's around,
I thought -what the hell, share 'em! :)
7/7: Added a third mix

Per

Attachments

• PER Fab5 1x10 AMO Mix 1.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 84
  • PER Fab5 1x10 AMO Mix 2.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 76
  • PER Fab5 1x10 421 Mix 3.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Holy shit, man!!! These are insanely good!!! I just spent the last hour and a half playing with mix two on the shiva on the rocks preset. They sound great clean and driven. Nice work!!! Thank you for sharing.

Holy shit, man!!! These are insanely good!!! I just spent the last hour and a half playing with mix two on the shiva on the rocks preset. They sound great clean and driven. Nice work!!! Thank you for sharing.

Excellent, you're very welcome!!
Thanks for providing me with some positive feedback. It's the fuel and energy source for supplying free stuff! :)
Per

I'm curious, what amp models are you using for these ir's?

Well, depending on the guitar, I find the different mixes can work with a lot of amps, even Marshalls.
Here's a quick demo using my Les Paul 50s Tribute with the Brit 800 and Atomica High. Both amps are w/ default settings. Using Mix 3.
Nothing done with the guitars in the mix, just a little panning.
A bit sloppy, one-take recording done in a hurry

Last edited:
Anyone interested in a free mini CabPack of this speaker?
I need to get back into some IR-capture adventures again :)
It'll contain 3-5 captures of each mic in various sweet spot positions.
Per

I can't help but say, "Yes, please!". Your stuff is always great. Thanks for taking the time and serving the community the way you do.

I missed this topic. Great to see another kind of speakers, not only the archetypical V30s, greenbacks, etc... I haven't tried the ragin cajun but I had the copperheads in my 63 ri vibroverb and now the legends in my clone and they are great speakers. Can't wait to try your IRs with the brownface vibrolux model and the princeton.

Thanks for your work!

Wow that demo sounds insanely good! Would love to see a cabpack on this speaker. Have never had any experience, but your clip sounded super nice!

Really nice IRs. Just spent about an hour playing around with them and some smaller combo amp models.... Prince Tone Rev through mix 3 had a nice full clean sound for some jazzy chords, but Gibtone Scout or Supermo Trem with a Timmothy drive block out front with mix 1 or 2 had a really good vibe going for some solo blues that I was especially digging tonight. Thanks for providing them @PerChr!

Glad you guys bumped this post. I'm always on the hunt for unique IR's. Especially, small speakers. Gonna download and try these out, tomorrow! :)

Thank you all, for your interest and support!
I did some testing yesterday; had to backtrack the capture procedure to find the best possible way to do it.
Today I have confirmed the optimal method, so I'll be starting tomorrow.
The plan is to include 3-5 usable ir's of each mic, maybe add some live mixes through my A&H Qu-16, and throw in some Cab-Lab mixes.
I will be experimenting a bit, but if all goes well it'll be ready sometime next week. :)
Per

Thank you all, for your interest and support!
I did some testing yesterday; had to backtrack the capture procedure to find the best possible way to do it.
Today I have confirmed the optimal method, so I'll be starting tomorrow.
The plan is to include 3-5 usable ir's of each mic, maybe add some live mixes through my A&H Qu-16, and throw in some Cab-Lab mixes.
I will be experimenting a bit, but if all goes well it'll be ready sometime next week. :)
Per

Sweet, this is great news. I still use your RNDI Carvin Legacy captures pretty regular. These sound excellent as well! Thank you for your hard work! Is the bass pack still up? I recently started playing bass and would like to give those a go when I get a few free minutes next weekend.

Sweet, this is great news. I still use your RNDI Carvin Legacy captures pretty regular. These sound excellent as well! Thank you for your hard work! Is the bass pack still up? I recently started playing bass and would like to give those a go when I get a few free minutes next weekend.
Good to hear, Chris :)
Download link for the Trace Elliot bass pack is in my signature.

Back
Top Bottom