Eminence Delta Pro 12A

joeymexico

Inspired
Hi guys... after reading a lot I will go for the Amp+Cab way. The FRFR solutions available are way to expensive for the tone I hear you are getting from SS power amps and speakers. So I will stick with it for the moment hehe..
I came across with the eminence and I read is a nice flat speaker. I am thinking about a stereo array with the Art SLA-2 .
Anyone that knows this speaker or has some experience with what I am trying?... I have seen some monitors with this speaker but with a tweeter to use it Bi-amp. I don't know if the tweeter is really necessary...will it bring excessive highs ?
Any suggestionss?

Thanks a lot
joey

I have an Eminence Delta Pro 12A and have used it mounted in a guitar cab (Mesa 3/4 back), and in an FRFR setup with active crossover and high frequency driver.

It needs a high frequency driver if you use the 12A in an FRFR setup, but as a guitar cab speaker, you will not need a tweeter.

As a FRFR you need 2 amps (if using tweeter and active crossover) ? I saw some wedges that are fabricated here in my country using 1 Eminence Delta and one Eminence Tweeter

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM ... ifusor-_JM

If I go that route I will need 2 amps and crossover right? If I plan going stereo I guess I will need 1000+ watts amps .. The thing is that I guess they could be used also by the band using a mixer. How was your FRFR with the Eminence and the active high driver?

joeymexico said:
As a FRFR you need 2 amps (if using tweeter and active crossover) ?

Two channels to be precise. For example, one of my setups is mono so I use one stereo amp with the left channel for the high freq. and the right for low freq.

joeymexico said:
I saw some wedges that are fabricated here in my country using 1 Eminence Delta and one Eminence Tweeter

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM ... ifusor-_JM

If I go that route I will need 2 amps and crossover right? If I plan going stereo I guess I will need 1000+ watts amps .. The thing is that I guess they could be used also by the band using a mixer. How was your FRFR with the Eminence and the active high driver?

That looks like just the enclosure without components, two holes for connections, one hole for woofer, one hole for a horn. If you go that route, you'll need to obtain a high frequency compression driver, a horn, and a woofer.

You could wire it for either bi-amplification or for use with a passive crossover and a single input.

The Eminence Delta Pro 12A sounded great in an FRFR setup. In fact, it sounded slightly better than the Eminence Beta-12CX which I currently use but I went with the Beta-12CX because of the properties and convenience of coaxially mounted components, and that extra bottom end fullness of the Delta Pro 12A was more than I needed.

If you have the time and resources, experiment as much as you can because experience is a great teacher.

remember that the size of the enclosure is going to effect the freq. response of the speaker.in a smaller enclosure like the ones you listed,you will get plenty of power and volume from the delta pro's,but the low end is going to suffer.i'm guessing that the low end will be in the 70hz to 80hz on those cabs.(just a guess, mind you).which would be totaly acceptable for guitar.you will get usable HF up to about 4.5khz without a HF driver.it really depends on what kind of music your playing.

bigger cab=better low end,but less power.
smaller cab=less low end,more power.
there's always a trade-off. :)
at least that's my experience with the delta pro's. :)

Back
Top Bottom