emergency axe won't boot at soundcheck

Hey Simeon, I know you've just been through some trauma, but if you've got any good Steve Hackett patches you'd care to share, I would REALLY appreciate it!:encouragement:

I've been kicking around a second Axe for this specific reason. I might go cheapo though and get an HD500 instead.

That was my backup until I got my second unit and I still use it as a foot controller. I'd be happy to make you a great deal on it after the MFCs are available:)

I was fine with the 500 until v10 came out. Then it was just too big of a difference for me to bear, because I also use it for rehearsals.

Line 6 Pocket Pod. Tiny and the tones are usable in an emergency into a Matrix GT1000FX. If the Matrix blows then its the AFX2 direct and just foldback.

Glad to hear everything went fine at the end. I even thought of super gluing the ribbon cable after finding out the problem was there in my unit, but the fact that it doesn't even feel loose made me change my mind as it could just make things worse.

Alot of singers i know, don't know what "OWNING their own microphone" is... ;-)

I had a horrible reminder as to why I always bring my own mic a few weeks back. I was playing as a guest for a church band and they wanted me to use a wireless mic because of where they had me standing on the stage. My mic isn't wireless, so they had me use one of theirs.

So I lead the song they wanted, and everything goes smoothy. However, at the end of the service they decide to have me come back up to lead the song again as an "outro" kind of thing. Well, in the mean time, the wireless mic that I was using had been passed between a number of fairly animated speakers/prayers.

We start the song and all is well until I go to sing the first vocal. To my horror, I discover that the collective breath/spit of every one of the previous speakers had saturated that microphone with a foul, odorous, abysmal stench. And I still had about three minutes and forty seconds of song left. I pushed through and wouldn't you know it: the band leader had me repeat the chorus about three times at the end.

It's funny now...

:lol

getmecoat.gif

One of the reasons I bought the AXE FXII is because we were doing a reunion show of my old 80's band and I was supposed to come out doing feadback and the band would kick in but I had no gain, I was using my old ADA rig so we took a short break because my rig sounded twangy like I was playing country music instead of rock. I pulled every cord and could'nt figure it out and just suffered all night! I hated it! next day I hooked it up and it was fine, thats all it took. I bought all new gear and now I'm gonna buy another Axe because I'm not going through that again! Sorry for all your stress SIM! Glad you were able to do your show!

I had a horrible reminder as to why I always bring my own mic a few weeks back. I was playing as a guest for a church band and they wanted me to use a wireless mic because of where they had me standing on the stage. My mic isn't wireless, so they had me use one of theirs.

So I lead the song they wanted, and everything goes smoothy. However, at the end of the service they decide to have me come back up to lead the song again as an "outro" kind of thing. Well, in the mean time, the wireless mic that I was using had been passed between a number of fairly animated speakers/prayers.

We start the song and all is well until I go to sing the first vocal. To my horror, I discover that the collective breath/spit of every one of the previous speakers had saturated that microphone with a foul, odorous, abysmal stench. And I still had about three minutes and forty seconds of song left. I pushed through and wouldn't you know it: the band leader had me repeat the chorus about three times at the end.

It's funny now...

I know a girl who said she got mouth herpies from a soggy kerioky microphone.....

It's funny now...

You think they cleaned that mic before they handed it to you the first time? May not have been wet, but...

might be a good idea to take a hot glue gun and drip a bead of glue over the ribbon cable, well all of the ribbon cables.

Hey Simeon. I had the same problem with the screws on my Ultra. There were 4 of them that were totally stuck. The remedy was a left handed drill and a powered screwdriver. You press down hard on the screw head and drill counter clockwise. This worked for all 4 screws the first time around. The screw makes a small crack and then unscrews easily. Afterwards, just call G66 and have them send you some spare screws. You can make a left handed drill bit by edging a right handed one on a powered sander.

left+hand+drill+bit.jpg

Back
Top Bottom