Embarrassing question

Chriscwt1

Inspired
Hi,

I have a slightly embarrassing question.

I have been using my Axe FXiii for over a year now and have happily imported numerous presets. However, today I found an individual block that I wanted to import and suddenly realised that I have no idea how. I can see a facility in Axe Edit for importing cabs but have no idea how to do this for a single block. A quick scan of the forum reveals no answers (probably because everyone in the world apart rom me already knows) but could someone please tell me? Obviously there is no need for this to develop into an actual thread.

Thanks in my ignorance...

There are no bad questions! :grinning:

Blocks are different to cabs etc. Go to any preset and add that block type (say for example, the Amp block). Then in Axe Edit, click on that block and select the Block Library drop down, this has an option called 'Show Folder'. Just copy and paste your block in the relevant folder in there and that should work.

Reactions: ESW
Thanks but that's a bit weird because I did that and the blocks show in the library folder, but it won't allow me to insert them into the scene. I assumed that I had made a basic error

If this is an option for you:
  • import preset to en empty slot
  • copy/paste (win:ctrl-c/ctrl-v; mac:cmd-c/cmd-v) your block from the imported preset to the desired preset.

Hi,

Thanks but I don't have a problem copying blocks between presets. I am struggling with importing a single block

Hi,

Thanks but I don't have a problem copying blocks between presets. I am struggling with importing a single block
ahh, that's a file system operation, copy a block file into the corresponding folder structure. Here is a screenshot of my Axeedit folder structure, just paste any blocks you download from someone into this structure. 1614952871367.png

If it's compatible with your unit, you should see it the next time you open AxeEdit.

It's even easier with Drag and Drop! Click SHOW FOLDER on your block library, or open the folder where your downloaded blocks reside, and then just drag the .blk file directly to the grid! (I made a screen capture video for you but then I realized its so simple it doesn't even warrant it.)

Thanks everyone. That's one of the many things that I appreciate about this community- advice and help is always a click away.

Back
Top Bottom