Elixir 3 pack $17.99

Have not got mine yet but should be here any day. Sure hope they are the anti-rust since they clearly use that in the description of the strings they are selling. May consider returning them if mine are not the anti-rust since I would consider it false advertising.

yep, I just sent a nastygram to their customer service asking for an exchange.

Have not got mine yet but should be here any day. Sure hope they are the anti-rust since they clearly use that in the description of the strings they are selling. May consider returning them if mine are not the anti-rust since I would consider it false advertising.

I just received mine today. Somewhat bummed... The picture in their ad shows the "anti-rust" version. I just got the regular.
I had a feeling they were just trying to blow out the regular versions they had in stock, because the anti-rust version is finally back in production and are a better string IMO.
oh well, just means I'll have to clean the unwound strings more...
Bummer, I bet that's what I get too... just ordered a set of 10-46's! :(

Are they they the nanowebs in the blue box? I have some that have ANTI-RUST in bold on the front of the box and others that don't and they are the same strings. I thought the "anti-rust" was just their marketing term at the time for "coated" strings which the nanowebs are. My understanding was there are only two kinds, the nanowebs and polywebs with the polywebs being the thicker coating of the two.

My head is spinning. :)

my understanding is that the wound strings are either nanoweb or polyweb. I prefer the nano's.
The plain strings are either anti-rust coated, or not.

my understanding is that the wound strings are either nanoweb or polyweb. I prefer the nano's.
The plain strings are either anti-rust coated, or not.

Interesting point. I too prefer the nano's.

I think I'll give Elixir a call and see what the deal is. I never conisdered the term being used seperately from the wound to plain. Now that you mention it that way it makes total sense.

Edit: Put a call in and got answering machine. We will see if they reply. However, after looking closer I do believe we have been duped. The model number I bought is 50052 and they dont sell them anymore. Just the 12052.

On the individual packs inside what is the model number? I am curious if the 50052 is just because its a 3 pack or did we really get old stock which sadly the cost would indicate. The picture in the add clearly shows "with anti-rust planin steels".

*sigh*

Last edited:
I got mine Saturday--ordered one .09 set and one .010. Both boxes are identical except the .010 set says Anti-Rust on the packaging while the .09 pack does not. Both nanoweb, not poly.

At $36 for 6 sets of Elixir strings, I am happy with the deal either way and they got to me 2 days after I ordered. No complaints.

I emailed Elixir strings to ask is there is a difference with boxes marked with anti-rust and those not. Hope they respond. I am afraid its one of those too good to be true pricing but sure they are still great strings. I bought 4 boxes of them (12 sets) 09-46

Last edited:
hey, anyone else think elixir's tension runs a gauge higher? i really think the elixir 9s feel like 10s and their 10s feel like 11s? (For electric guitar)

anyone else agree??

hey, anyone else think elixir's tension runs a gauge higher? i really think the elixir 9s feel like 10s and their 10s feel like 11s? (For electric guitar)

anyone else agree??
not that I am aware of... been using 9's, 10's and 10/11 custom mixers from D'Addario, Elixir, Fender and GHS for some time now, and the Elixir 10/46's feel like the equivalent's from the other brand(s).

I ordered 2 boxes (6 sets) I got 2 boxes with all singles inside. Not 3 single sets in a bigger box...

Interesting point. I too prefer the nano's.

I think I'll give Elixir a call and see what the deal is. I never conisdered the term being used seperately from the wound to plain. Now that you mention it that way it makes total sense.

Edit: Put a call in and got answering machine. We will see if they reply. However, after looking closer I do believe we have been duped. The model number I bought is 50052 and they dont sell them anymore. Just the 12052.

On the individual packs inside what is the model number? I am curious if the 50052 is just because its a 3 pack or did we really get old stock which sadly the cost would indicate. The picture in the add clearly shows "with anti-rust planin steels".

*sigh*

I've wondered that too. I usually use .10's but I have gone back to the .09's for that reason. Either that or my hands get tired faster as I get older :)

anyone else agree??

well I can say that Andy Wood agrees w/ me that elixir tension runs high and he uses Coated D'Addarios for this reason. I used DAdarrio 10s on my friends guitar and they felt like elixir 9s to me..... and the elixir 10s have been rippin my fingers up so i recently just went back to elixir 9s....

been thinking about switching to rotosound, or trying the coated daddarios...

I'll proly just stick w/ elixir 9s tho cause i'm sick of messin w/ my trem claws, there is a drastic difference in tension between 9s and 10s even.

Last edited:
Received a response from Elixir about the anti-rust question. Here is what they emailed me:

We apologize for any confusion about our anti-rust plated plain steel strings. We have experienced a temporary disruption in the supply of a raw material. This raw material is used for anti-rust strings only. This disruption does not affect the wound strings, so there have been no changes to any strings with NANOWEB® and POLYWEB® coating. In the mean time, we have resumed production of our original plain steel strings. You are probably seeing some of those sets in the stores now, without the anti-rust statement on the package. We expect to return to our anti-rust plated plain steel strings shortly and will make an announcement on our website when we do.

I ordered 2 boxes (6 sets) I got 2 boxes with all singles inside. Not 3 single sets in a bigger box...

Thanks for the reply, I ordered 3 boxes of the 10's.

Update: I just got my 3 packs of 10's and they are the anti-rust versions just like the box displayed in the add. As MesaGuitarGuy stated they come with all singles inside and even on those they say anti-rust for the unwound. So it seems that it is the 9's that are shipping with plains without the anti-rust coating as lizzieusedaaxe was told in his reply from Elixir.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom