So I am unsure as to whether or not I'm using Scenes properly. What I do is start making a chain from scratch and save it to Scene 1 and then I go over to Scene 2. Scene 2 is identical to Scene 1 but I decide to change some of the effects in the chain and then I save it. I go back to Scene 1 and it has the same changes that I applied to Scene 2 thus I lose all the work I put into Scene 1. Please help.

You can change bypass or channel states on blocks in a scene but not the actual blocks. If you have, for example, a wah in scene 1, copy the scene to scene 2, change the wah block to a drive block & save, it will now be a drive block in all scenes. What you would do is have a wah & a drive block, have the wah enabled & the drive bypassed in scene 1, copy the scene to scene 2 & have the wah bypassed & the drive enabled.

You can change bypass or channel states on blocks in a scene but not the actual blocks. If you have, for example, a wah in scene 1, copy the scene to scene 2, change the wah block to a drive block & save, it will now be a drive block in all scenes. What you would do is have a wah & a drive block, have the wah enabled & the drive bypassed in scene 1, copy the scene to scene 2 & have the wah bypassed & the drive enabled.
Does the same thing apply to delay, multidelay, and plexdelay?

Once you are comfortable, then look into Scene Controllers.

This is a way to allow changing some settings on scene changes.

But I try not to throw that out there right away as it tends to muddy the waters on scenes.

Once you are comfortable, then look into Scene Controllers.

This is a way to allow changing some settings on scene changes.

But I try not to throw that out there right away as it tends to muddy the waters on scenes.
That is going to take some time. Right now I'm focused on solving another thing. So I just did a video of me using the AXE FX III with a heavy metal tone and when I played back the video, I could hear a dry signal (I could hear the guitar itself and the strings and it sounded like two sounds at the same time)

Did it sound like the guitar acoustically? How did you record the video? Camera mic or internal computer mic on?

That is going to take some time. Right now I'm focused on solving another thing. So I just did a video of me using the AXE FX III with a heavy metal tone and when I played back the video, I could hear a dry signal (I could hear the guitar itself and the strings and it sounded like two sounds at the same time)
Well... Are you hearing the "acoustic" sound from your guitar? Some people have a problem with that when playing quietly.

Otherwise, create a new thread for that problem.

Post a screenshot of your preset, or better yet upload it.

By the way, what is "ELI5" in the subject?

Well... Are you hearing the "acoustic" sound from your guitar? Some people have a problem with that when playing quietly.

ELI5 = Explain Like I'm 5 years old.

Yes, I guess you could say it's the acoustic sound I am being kind of quiet since neighbors but I figured since I'm using my AXE FX III as an interface then that wouldn't present itself as an issue or so I'd think. How do I upload preset?

Attachments

• Armada Tera_20180817_094652.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
nothing like what you describe (acoustic sound) occurs when I use your preset , but it could use a little work..the issue about changes not being saved may indeed be due to the still-beta AxeEdit III, as the latest version seems(to me) to have some very long lags that Ive experienced... Learning how to do as much editing directly on the unit as you can and not using AxeEdit may help in the short run..and definitely in the long run of your time with the III, where you will find you never stop learning and having epiphanies ....

Yes, I guess you could say it's the acoustic sound I am being kind of quiet since neighbors but I figured since I'm using my AXE FX III as an interface then that wouldn't present itself as an issue or so I'd think. How do I upload preset?
Well, if you are hearing the acoustic sound of the guitar there isn't much you can do about it. Unless you put headphones on... Or turn up.

This issue has nothing to do with the Axe Fx III, it's just physics ;)

Back
Top Bottom