Eli Young Band

jimfergie

eliyoungband.jpg

Spotted this setup this weekend. PRS head and cabinets. Not sure what the AXE as used for. Fantastic sound of course.
In my opinion the guitarists coming out of Nashville these days have the best tone, riffs, proffesionalism, musicianship, etc. Just awesome, all the bands have their young gunslinger guitars with great sound engineering.

Opened for these guys a while back. Neither was using the fractal, though the utility guy told me the other guy had a fractal.

They showed up way late to sound check and were kind of divas, but had some great tone, playing, and the guitar players were nice.

Since when is Eli Young Nashville country?
Didn't these guys get their chops doing Texas red dirt?

Regardless of their genre, looks like they're using the front panel input, so perhaps using 4CM, or using amp sims with PRS heads as power amps, OR only using in effects loop for effects. My *guess* is the latter, ala Petrucci's current rig.

I thought of that after I wrote it, I know they're from Texas. I was kinda referring to the whole Modern Country sound and young guitarists. I also noticed that at virtually every concert I've been to this last year the acts play a classic rock song or medly. I just think they're tone and riffs are great.

Back
Top Bottom