elephant in the room! - big stomper using the axe for synth, ambient and loops

adam

Inspired
hey folks,

this is my band's new track. it is an eight and a half minute journey documenting the real life urban experiences of one disoriented pachyderm.

i know this won't be for everyone here, but what's happening is that i made a patch on an ipad synth called nave (amazing synth btw). i then decided to copy the patch on my axe-fx since it would be more interesting live if i played it on guitar. so all the soaring, siren-like sounds and ambient sounds are done with the axe-fx. toward the end of the track i'm using kind of a warbly, radiohead-esque patch to play the arpeggiated parts while fading in crystals-synth stuff and various delays. it ends with a faux-tape loop bit. when we do it live it really fills the room.

by the way, there's a subtle tribute to EVH in the intro. spot it??

thanks for listening!

adam

Elephant in the Room! | doppio

I like it. It's got a bit of a Goldfrapp feel to it. amazing how you got those sounds out of a guitar and Axe Fx!

Is the EVH tribute that it's the same synth sound that EVH uses on the start of Jump?

Nasty, man!

Glad to find a new post of yours as I've enjoyed the other doppio stuff you've shared here. Just to clarify, is the main synth sound Axe Fx or something else?

thanks for the comments.

damien - it's the elephant sound in the intro. there's an old video of evh in like 1985, backstage, making animal noises with his guitar. the elephant was one of them. i'm a huge evh nut and was laughing as we added this to the track.

themoonshook - thanks for that man! there are two main synths. on is from an ipad app called nave (the repetitive grinding riff) and the other is a moog sub fatty. all the siren, ambient and loopy stuff is axe-fx.

I like it. It's got a bit of a Goldfrapp feel to it. amazing how you got those sounds out of a guitar and Axe Fx!

Is the EVH tribute that it's the same synth sound that EVH uses on the start of Jump?

Yeah I definitely see the Goldfrapp in there. Cool interesting tune. I'm stoked to see anyone experimenting to good effect with the Synth block.

I love belew, but I don't know that track. I'll check it out.

Albert - there's no synth block on this track, but I've got some coming up that use it judiciously.

Thanks guys!

Cool song! I like this stuff. Not sure which sounds come from the Axe fx though or which are real synths. Hard to hear. Is the main (elephant like) sound also the Axe fx or a synth?

thanks bodde. if i'm understanding your question, the main synth is a combination of an ipad synth and a moog subfatty. the elephant sound in the intro is guitar and all the siren-esque and ambient stuff is guitar.

Hold on one second! Is it just me or does this remind anyone of the dream sequence in dumbo, you know the part where dumbo drinks a lot of alcohol.

Back
Top Bottom