Electro-Voice ZLX-12P VS ELX112P

Rane

Experienced
I can't afford a CLR right now, so I'd decided to go with an ELX. However, I just saw the ZLX and I'm wondering which is better?

I've read that the ELX's wood enclosure is not very durable, but ultimately I'm more concerned with sound quality. The fact that the ZLX is cheaper makes me think I should just go with the ELX, but I'm not sure. What little information I could find seems to suggest that they're fairly similar.

Has anyone tried these? Can you say if one is better than the other?

I just bought a EV zlx 15 p and I like it alot in fact a whole lot .
They did not have a 12p - but I dont think it makes much difference . It does have a
DSP that does a great job of adjusting for input source and position of the speaker ie as a monitor , upright or on a pole . I only use it in my bedroom studio , but it gets very loud .
Its def full range as ive had to redo my presets because I had dialed out so much low end to stop the flub and boom I was getting from my computer monitors now I have too much treble with a bit of axe tweakage tones sound huge and full now . Listening to music is awsomness too . Give them a try .

I just bought a EV zlx 15 p and I like it alot in fact a whole lot .
They did not have a 12p - but I dont think it makes much difference . It does have a
DSP that does a great job of adjusting for input source and position of the speaker ie as a monitor , upright or on a pole . I only use it in my bedroom studio , but it gets very loud .
Its def full range as ive had to redo my presets because I had dialed out so much low end to stop the flub and boom I was getting from my computer monitors now I have too much treble with a bit of axe tweakage tones sound huge and full now . Listening to music is awsomness too . Give them a try .

Thanks for the input. I'm definitely tempted to give them a shot. I like the idea of not having to worry about paint getting chipped.

Anyone else have any opinions on these two speakers?

Back
Top Bottom