Electro-Voice PXM-12MP report

If you get right-angle IEC plugs like I did (I forget which turn they have to make, but it's the turn most of them do NOT make), you can tuck the power cord under the handle on that side. Then get right angle XLR connections, too, and that side is totally flat.

What that did for me is allow me to make a kind of half-moon stereo cab tucked against the back wall of the pub recently, just sitting on the floor. Dispersion was pretty good, and the stereo effects were actually pretty audible as such for a fair part of the dance floor. But that also puts the cabs in quarter-space coupling, so I had to lower the bass even more. Sounded great!

So i got another one from Sweetwater, came yesterday and can confirm the new ones do not have the distortion issues...now im just waiting on my repaired one.
I got two that were delivered the day before we left for a week-long trip, so I’ve only powered them up overnight to burn them in, then powered them off. I wish I could have left them running with hours of music mix pounding to break in the speakers, but our roomer downstairs deserves a little consideration ya know.

in three days I get to exercise them a bit more.

So i got another one from Sweetwater, came yesterday and can confirm the new ones do not have the distortion issues...now im just waiting on my repaired one.

I just got one yesterday, and unfortunately it has this issue :tongueclosed: What firmware does the menu show on yours? I put mine straight back in the box, but I believe it was FW 1.01

I just got one yesterday, and unfortunately it has this issue :tongueclosed: What firmware does the menu show on yours? I put mine straight back in the box, but I believe it was FW 1.01
I had mine repaired. I didn't check the firmware version before I shipped them, but I got them back with 1.0.1. I don't know if the problem is firmware or hardware.

IM not sure of the firmware and i wouldn't send yours back to your dealer. Id just keep it, reach out to EV and have them repair it..I just got my second one back yesterday and it works great. wasn't gone very long 2 weeks if that.

IM not sure of the firmware and i wouldn't send yours back to your dealer. Id just keep it, reach out to EV and have them repair it..I just got my second one back yesterday and it works great. wasn't gone very long 2 weeks if that.
I'm in Europe, outside the union, so it would be somewhat of a hassle to ship stuff back and forth (taxes, customs). If indeed the newer batch is without this issue, I'm hoping Thomann would just sort me out with a new one :checkeredflag:

I'm in Europe, outside the union, so it would be somewhat of a hassle to ship stuff back and forth (taxes, customs). If indeed the newer batch is without this issue, I'm hoping Thomann would just sort me out with a new one :checkeredflag:
Interestingly, it was a Bosch service center that did the service on mine in the U.S. They might have similar for Electrovoice and Dynaudio in Europe?

That was the point I was trying to make. They own Dynaudio, too, which is more prevalent in Europe, I think.
I'm guessing you mean Dynacord?
Electrovoice repair service lists a bosch.com email, the physical address is EVI Audio GmbH in Germany, and the official website for this EVI Audio is dynacord.com :yum: I'll let Thomann sort me out 🤓

Well ladies and gentlemen..like i mentioned, I received mine a couple days ago. never plugged it in...uh oh, bad news..here is my email to them:

Hi
So i received the monitor yesterday. Took it to my gig and it sounded like someone wrapped a wet blanket over the whole speaker, put it back in the box and ship to me....no high end at all!!! What kind of sick joke is this??? WTF? Couldn't figure it out and had to play through the PA

I bought another one from sweetwater, while mine was supposedly being repaired. ..So I know its not me..i A/B the two and it's night and day..So now you get to pay for shipping back so you can figure this out.

PLEASE HELP !!

Pffffft Lets se how long it takes these ass hats to fix this situation.

Back
Top Bottom