Electro-Voice PXM-12MP report

Got the return shipping notice. Naturally, I’m at an out of state gig when they’ll arrive, but should be able to try them week after next.

Man ive been gigging and haven't sent mine back yet..i will Tuesday..I was waiting till some more were in stock at Sweetwater and was going to buy another but they havent restocked yet,.

Man ive been gigging and haven't sent mine back yet..i will Tuesday..I was waiting till some more were in stock at Sweetwater and was going to buy another but they havent restocked yet,.
Sweetwater is out of everything I want!!!

So how long total till you got it back? i just sent mine out yesterday
They received mine on the 14th and I got them back today, so right at two weeks. I've only opened one of them, but the distortion is gone and it sounds fantastic. Between these monitors and Cygnus I have absolutely no desire to turn my real amps on.

The only thing I'm disappointed in is how they were packaged. Zero padding and enough room for them to flop around in the box a little. One of the boxes was crushed on one end and I'm shocked the monitor wasn't damaged. This is the same way I received them new, so I guess that's just how they ship them. When I packed mine up to return I used sheets of styrofoam and air packs to make sure they weren't going to jostle around and weren't in direct contact with the outer parts of the boxes.

They received mine on the 14th and I got them back today, so right at two weeks. I've only opened one of them, but the distortion is gone and it sounds fantastic. Between these monitors and Cygnus I have absolutely no desire to turn my real amps on.

The only thing I'm disappointed in is how they were packaged. Zero padding and enough room for them to flop around in the box a little. One of the boxes was crushed on one end and I'm shocked the monitor wasn't damaged. This is the same way I received them new, so I guess that's just how they ship them. When I packed mine up to return I used sheets of styrofoam and air packs to make sure they weren't going to jostle around and weren't in direct contact with the outer parts of the boxes.

Cool, thanks..ya i sent mine back Tuesday and got the email saying they received it yesterday..

Yes isnt that crazy how they pack it..i did the same thing shipping it back i used the bubble wrap and had and air packs to fill in the space as well.

The Dynacord site says they’re discontinuing their speaker and replacing it with the Electro-Voice version.

They don’t use the “FRFR” moniker for it, but the frequency response chart in the data sheet looks hopeful. I wouldn’t use its guitar cabinet setting with a modeler because it rolls the highs off quickly.

The Dynacord site says they’re discontinuing their speaker and replacing it with the Electro-Voice version.

They don’t use the “FRFR” moniker for it, but the frequency response chart in the data sheet looks hopeful. I wouldn’t use its guitar cabinet setting with a modeler because it rolls the highs off quickly.
I leave mine in the default mode called “monitor 1” and it’s plenty flat compared to other speakers I’ve had. I’ve never used the guitar cab mode, I’m not really sure who the target demographic is for that. Maybe people running an amp in a box pedal with no cab sim?

I leave mine in the default mode called “monitor 1” and it’s plenty flat compared to other speakers I’ve had. I’ve never used the guitar cab mode, I’m not really sure who the target demographic is for that. Maybe people running an amp in a box pedal with no cab sim?
The Monitor 1 graph looks like it's scooped, which is probably appealing if you like high-gain amps, but that frequency response with a scooped amp and cabinet model would result in even more scooping and coloring. I'd probably use the Monitor 2 setting as it looks flatter in the chart, but it's personal preference. Give your ears some time to adjust if you switch.

The Monitor 1 graph looks like it's scooped, which is probably appealing if you like high-gain amps, but that frequency response with a scooped amp and cabinet model would result in even more scooping and coloring. I'd probably use the Monitor 2 setting as it looks flatter in the chart, but it's personal preference. Give your ears some time to adjust if you switch.
I play some high gain stuff, but I mostly stick to edge of breakup and plexi/800 tones. I’ll give monitor 2 a try. I honestly haven’t even looked at the frequency response graphs since I initially researched these before buying.

Wouldn't the cab mode be like the Laney FRFR where it's for modelers without the ir cab engaged?

I play some high gain stuff, but I mostly stick to edge of breakup and plexi/800 tones. I’ll give monitor 2 a try. I honestly haven’t even looked at the frequency response graphs since I initially researched these before buying.
Have you had a chance to try the monitor 2 setting?

Wouldn't the cab mode be like the Laney FRFR where it's for modelers without the ir cab engaged?
That sounds reasonable, and is what Fractal says to do with a regular cabinet that is after a flat solid-state amp, which it will be basically.

Back
Top Bottom