Electro-Voice PXM-12MP report

Don't like the cover they are selling though. It really is more like a dust cover, rather than protection during transport. Does not wrap around the bottom.
They threw one if these in for free for me.it actually attaches on

the bottom, but ya its not full on protection but it works.
No update from EV since the last one I wrote above.
bummer, i should reach out too, got any specific person to talk to?

@jazzgtrl4 I'd just reach out to EV directly through their support system and report the issue. You can also add that you've talked to other users with the same issue, and that EV's own engineering department apparently knows the issue is there.

@jazzgtrl4 I'd just reach out to EV directly through their support system and report the issue. You can also add that you've talked to other users with the same issue, and that EV's own engineering department apparently knows the issue is there.

ok im getting some action with EV on this..the guy im dealing with has no clue that this has been going on, so i have had to tell him about your experience and mine. I said they were already able to reproduce it..Said hes going to ask the EV engineers..ok..stand by.

I just ordered these based on the OP’s review. I was looking to get a CLR to pair with my FM3 but they haven’t been available for some time and it’s doesn’t look like they will be available anytime soon. I’ll let you know my thoughts on the EV after I get some playing in. I haven’t played through the CLRs so I unfortunately can’t do a direct comparison but it seems like every monitor I have used I have been petty unhappy with. I can’t get my reverbs and delays to sound right and have depth. There has always been missing immersive sounds. I hope these PXM-12MPs do the trick.

I just ordered these based on the OP’s review. I was looking to get a CLR to pair with my FM3 but they haven’t been available for some time and it’s doesn’t look like they will be available anytime soon. I’ll let you know my thoughts on the EV after I get some playing in. I haven’t played through the CLRs so I unfortunately can’t do a direct comparison but it seems like every monitor I have used I have been petty unhappy with. I can’t get my reverbs and delays to sound right and have depth. There has always been missing immersive sounds. I hope these PXM-12MPs do the trick.

I think you will dig these..ive been using mine non stop since i got it. Just used it last night on a country gig with my Tele and i run my mandolin through it!!, kicked ass. used it on a Fusion/jazz gig, with my Sadowsky, sounded great..i dont know what it is but i havent had to do major tweaking to my presets to sound good. I like the smaller size cab then the CLR, or the RCF its more compact.

You were right, this monitor is awesome and I really can’t believe how good it sounds with my FM3. All if the immersive sounds and reverbs are present at both high and low volumes. It carries it all; warm cleans, high gains all with perfect clarity regardless of volume. I wish I could compare it to the CLR but I don’t have one. However I can’t imagine any other monitor sounding better than this one. The price is fantastic too for what you’re getting. I’m so happy I found this post and bought one. M

You were right, this monitor is awesome and I really can’t believe how good it sounds with my FM3. All if the immersive sounds and reverbs are present at both high and low volumes. It carries it all; warm cleans, high gains all with perfect clarity regardless of volume. I wish I could compare it to the CLR but I don’t have one. However I can’t imagine any other monitor sounding better than this one. The price is fantastic too for what you’re getting. I’m so happy I found this post and bought one. M

Cool good to hear..i might buy another soon... man two in stereo would be glorious.

I bought a pair of these last week. I got real tired of the pair of Headrush 108's just not cutting it for me. Can't be happier with the EV's. Plugged them in and they sound sooooooo much better than the Headrush.

I'm glad lots of people seem to be taking a chance on these. I think they're a big surprise in sonic quality, and they are light!

I'm glad lots of people seem to be taking a chance on these. I think they're a big surprise in sonic quality, and they are light!

these things are sleepers...ya and light...damn... ive been gigging with mine weekly in different situations..its been working out great.

Anyone know where I can get this wedge for $699? Looks like most places have them for $799 right now.
Musician’s Friend just sent me an email coupon for 20% off the total purchase and the PXM qualifies. That makes it $639. Lowest price I’ve seen on sale is $699.

If you’re not receiving their email offers maybe you can call. I think I may get 2.

These seem interesting. Can they also be placed on their sides for a backline? I assume so, just wondering.
thanks
ya i guess so, nver tired..they do have a pole mount, so you can do that..but i dont see why you couldn't..i always run mine just as a wedge

Well I went ahead and bought one. Been looking at these since I received my FM3 in April of last year. Have been using the Duncan Powerstage and most recently a tube power amp with my cabinets. I'm hoping this wedge just simplifies everything for me. It arrives later today. Excited to finally try it out.

Last edited:
Well I went ahead and about one. Been looking at these since I received my FM3 in April of last year. Have been using the Duncan Powerstage and most recently a tube power amp with my cabinets. I'm hoping this wedge just simplifies everything for me. It arrives later today. Excited to finally try it out.
How is it working out for ya?

Back
Top Bottom