electro harmonix POG emulator

dk_ace said:
javajunkie said:
[quote="dk_ace":10po3xej]I had a patch with the pitch block in parallel that I was pretty happy with I thought.

I took it to a rehearsal and wasn't nearly as impressed with it. Maybe it was the tuning issue Java was experiencing, maybe not. It just didn't sound right to me. I have yet to revisit dialing it in.

D

The 12 string thing I could get going OK, not great. But the B3 thing, it was just really not there. Even when the pitch was set to +12 and -12 w/ no detune. IT didn't sound exactly an octave on both. Certain tracking values seems to make this worse/better (not so much high or low but particular values). I'll have to revisit this when I have time again.

I was referring to the B3 thing as well. I have no interest in the 12 string emulation currently.

I need to mess with it some more myself. It took me quite a while to get the sound that I eventually decided I wasn't happy with. I remember playing with the detune and tracking for what seemed like forever. I don't remember what I settled on, but I do remember that the tracking seemed to have certain values that worked better than others but I couldn't find a reason why. It seemed random, or at least I couldn't find the logic behind why some values worked and others didn't. I'll check into it when I have some time and see if I can get closer to the target.

D[/quote:10po3xej]
I think there is a ring mod type of thing going on with it.

It's just one pitch up, I've been trying to do this as well. My problem is when strumming I get a short delay/echo attack
and I haven't been able to get rid of that, rendering it useless. I've try poly local, plexi shift, but not multi-delay yet.
I'd be interested in seeing if you nail it- keep in touch. I'm close but no cigar...yet....

I use a pitch block in "fixed harmony mode" with voice 1 in 12 and mix abaut 30%, it´s a good starter point, bui i think that in crystal mode or inteligent harmony could be better, do you know a good intersting setting of this modes?

migueledge said:
I use a pitch block in "fixed harmony mode" with voice 1 in 12 and mix abaut 30%, it´s a good starter point, bui i think that in crystal mode or inteligent harmony could be better, do you know a good intersting setting of this modes?

I just listen to a youtube video of the song crystals and plex shift is going to do. intelligent harmony won't do those chords. Fixed harmony an octave up is the closest you'll probably get. Be sure and set voice 2 level to -80db. Turning down hi-cut freq can really help with the funkiness with tone. Mess with the tracking (down gives you less latency, up give you better quality with more latency -generally speaking).

also, moving the pitch between the amp and cab can help too.

javajunkie said:
migueledge said:

I just listen to a youtube video of the song crystals and plex shift is going to do. intelligent harmony won't do those chords. Fixed harmony an octave up is the closest you'll probably get. Be sure and set voice 2 level to -80db. Turning down hi-cut freq can really help with the funkiness with tone. Mess with the tracking (down gives you less latency, up give you better quality with more latency -generally speaking).

Thanks, Javijunkie, but can you explain it, you are talking abaut to set voice 1 to 8, and voice 2? Tracking? you are talking abaut crystals and plex shift, can you explain it?

migueledge said:
javajunkie said:
migueledge said:

Thanks, Javijunkie, but can you explain it, you are talking abaut to set voice 1 to 8, and voice 2? Tracking? you are talking abaut crystals and plex shift, can you explain it?

Never said anything about setting voice 1 to 8. Fixed harmony and octave up on voice (voice 1 =12). Like I said crystal and plex shift probably;y won't work for that tone. The crystals and plex shift are more for a shimmer type tone where the pitch is fedback into the signal for a string type shimmering sound (there are other uses as well). At first listen it doesn't appear to be what he is doing there. About voice 2, if it is at 0 and you don't turn its level parameter all the way down you will get a horrible delay effect the will make the tone sound hollow and delayed.

migueledge said:
javajunkie said:
migueledge said:

Thanks, Javajunkie, I had this setting but in the second verse in the album version you can listen perfectly some type of shimmer, maybe seems a crystal mode,

migueledge said:
migueledge said:
javajunkie said:

Thanks, Javajunkie, I had this setting but in the second verse in the album version you can listen perfectly some type of shimmer, maybe seems a crystal mode,

That would probably be your standard shimmer (I was listening to a live version and didn't listen to the whole song). The "Bad" preset is a good place to start. It uses the plexi shift. the key to being able to control it it to link a pedal to in the ingain to bring it in and out. If you try to control it with the level or mix it will cut off the trails.

Thanks for your suggestions, help me a lot of. Please listen the second verse in the album version and talk me abaut it.

migueledge said:
Thanks for your suggestions, help me a lot of. Please listen the second verse in the album version and talk me abaut it.

Yep, that is a typical shimmer sound. It is a reverse pitch-shift (octv up) with the signal being fed back into the input. The crystals pitch shift does this as well as the plex delay. The bad preset is an example of how to do it with the plex delay (you mat want to turn the crossfade up a bit on the bad preset).
. The pitch portion of crystal echos is a starting point for a Crystals version of the same.

Thanks Javajunky, two lasts question. You are talking abaut "Turning down hi-cut freq", my Hi cut freq is setting abaut 10.041,9 what valaues do you suggest? lower or higher? what value do you use? and the tracking value? i uses 4.92, what do you recomend me?

Thanks very much.

migueledge said:
Thanks Javajunky, two lasts question. You are talking abaut "Turning down hi-cut freq", my Hi cut freq is setting abaut 10.041,9 what valaues do you suggest? lower or higher? what value do you use? and the tracking value? i uses 4.92, what do you recomend me?

Thanks very much.

I would go down to around 4k for the hi-cut, that should get rid of a lot of artifacts but it is a balancing act. Tracking, no suggestions (it is a personal thing) - lower setting have less delay but more artifacts, higher more delay less artifacts.

Back
Top Bottom