electro harmonix POG emulator

can you copy ris pedal with ultra?

http://www.ehx.com/products/pog

"With the POG you can add one octave up, two octaves up, and one octave down from your original guitar signal and blend them all together - plus it works on strummed or arpeggiated chords! Want your guitar to sound like a 12 string? The POG can do it, especially with controlled detuning - or even make it sound like an 18 string. Easily generate the sound of a drawbar organ. Make your guitar sound like a bass guitar"

migueledge said:
can you copy ris pedal with ultra?

http://www.ehx.com/products/pog

"With the POG you can add one octave up, two octaves up, and one octave down from your original guitar signal and blend them all together - plus it works on strummed or arpeggiated chords! Want your guitar to sound like a 12 string? The POG can do it, especially with controlled detuning - or even make it sound like an 18 string. Easily generate the sound of a drawbar organ. Make your guitar sound like a bass guitar"

A lot of it can be done with the Plexi shift in the multi-delay or plexi detune

I couldn't get it right with the Plex-shift, but running a fixed harmony pitch block in parallel seemed to get it right when I was going for this sound. I got sidetracked though and haven't had time to revisit it.

D

Well for the 12 string use the pitch block, fixed harmony, octave up voices, voice 2 level all the way down, pitch tracking around 5-6. I like the pitch source poly local, but global works better w/ a lot of distortion. I think it sounds more stable between the amp and cab. Mix to taste and add about 3-7 cents of detuning to voice 1. You can add a little delay to seperate it out more, but turning the tracking up works in a similar way. I got it doing a similar thing w/ the plex shift as well but it takes more work and I never spent the time to get it quite right.

Octave divider works cool for higher notes getting a odd bass guitarish or low synth sound. It doesn't track well on low notes though. Fixed pitch octave down, lower the tracking works as well (100% mix, voice 2 level all the way down) works as well.

Organ stuff works well with multi-delay plex shift. See my organic preset for an pipe organ type sound.

javajunkie said:
Well for the 12 string use the pitch block, fixed harmony, octave up voices, voice 2 level all the way down, pitch tracking around 5-6. I like the pitch source poly local, but global works better w/ a lot of distortion. I think it sounds more stable between the amp and cab. Mix to taste and add about 3-7 cents of detuning to voice 1. You can add a little delay to seperate it out more, but turning the tracking up works in a similar way. I got it doing a similar thing w/ the plex shift as well but it takes more work and I never spent the time to get it quite right.

Octave divider works cool for higher notes getting a odd bass guitarish or low synth sound. It doesn't track well on low notes though. Fixed pitch octave down, lower the tracking works as well (100% mix, voice 2 level all the way down) works as well.

Organ stuff works well with multi-delay plex shift. See my organic preset for an pipe organ type sound.

Where is your preset??

migueledge said:
javajunkie said:

Where is your preset??

It is one of the ones that come with the axe-fx. It is called organic. I've improved it since then (firmware updates changed things a bit)
He is what it sounds like:
http://www.javajunkiemusic.com/Audio/organic.mp3

First half is w/o the drive 2nd half w/. I really like it with

migueledge said:
It´s sound fantastic, but it´s not the pog sound, i´m looking for,

I said it was like a pipe organ. You can use the same principle to make your own that is more like other types of organs.

It looks like he is getting that organ sound w/ an octave up, 2 octaves up, octave down blended about 1/2 w/ a good deal of detune on both. Try 2 pitch blocks set to poly local, after the cab.

Just did a quick try.

2 pitch blocks in parallel after the amp before the cab. Fixed harmony - poly local. One with octave up + 2 octaves up, detune both slightly. The other pitch block octave down (you could make both voices an octave down or just turn the level of voice 2 all the way down). Set the tracking on both between 6-7. I like pitch tracking on, but experiment w/ it off as well. I set the octave down mix = 100% and turned the level down. The other I had the mix 40-60% (you can adjust the level of the invidual voices as well). Use the low pass filter on the pitch block to tune. You can add one after the pitch blocks as well. A little mega tap delay block will give it a ton of body.

I also tried to get the POG twelve string sound going ... same results ... it just did not sound right. Tried less detune, just made the effect less. More detune sounded lousy. If you have ever heard the POG, it is very realistic ... sounds great actually. So it must be some missing param that needs tweaking. I spent two days trying to get that right ... nadda so far ...

I'd love if the POG sound was figured out. I wouldn't know how to use it, but my "guitar hero" used one & if I could cop some tones, then I'm good! :)

BMH said:
I also tried to get the POG twelve string sound going ... same results ... it just did not sound right. Tried less detune, just made the effect less. More detune sounded lousy. If you have ever heard the POG, it is very realistic ... sounds great actually. So it must be some missing param that needs tweaking. I spent two days trying to get that right ... nadda so far ...

Same here, it just doesn't seem to do the 12 string or b3ish thing near as well as the POG.

I had a patch with the pitch block in parallel that I was pretty happy with I thought.

I took it to a rehearsal and wasn't nearly as impressed with it. Maybe it was the tuning issue Java was experiencing, maybe not. It just didn't sound right to me. I have yet to revisit dialing it in.

D

dk_ace said:
I had a patch with the pitch block in parallel that I was pretty happy with I thought.

I took it to a rehearsal and wasn't nearly as impressed with it. Maybe it was the tuning issue Java was experiencing, maybe not. It just didn't sound right to me. I have yet to revisit dialing it in.

D

The 12 string thing I could get going OK, not great. But the B3 thing, it was just really not there. Even when the pitch was set to +12 and -12 w/ no detune. IT didn't sound exactly an octave on both. Certain tracking values seems to make this worse/better (not so much high or low but particular values). I'll have to revisit this when I have time again.

javajunkie said:
dk_ace said:

D

The 12 string thing I could get going OK, not great. But the B3 thing, it was just really not there. Even when the pitch was set to +12 and -12 w/ no detune. IT didn't sound exactly an octave on both. Certain tracking values seems to make this worse/better (not so much high or low but particular values). I'll have to revisit this when I have time again.

I was referring to the B3 thing as well. I have no interest in the 12 string emulation currently.

I need to mess with it some more myself. It took me quite a while to get the sound that I eventually decided I wasn't happy with. I remember playing with the detune and tracking for what seemed like forever. I don't remember what I settled on, but I do remember that the tracking seemed to have certain values that worked better than others but I couldn't find a reason why. It seemed random, or at least I couldn't find the logic behind why some values worked and others didn't. I'll check into it when I have some time and see if I can get closer to the target.

D

javajunkie said:
It is one of the ones that come with the axe-fx. It is called organic. I've improved it since then (firmware updates changed things a bit)

JJ,

I love the organ preset you created and your sample sounds way better than the actual preset on the Axe. You mentioned you improved it......... What firmware is the "improved version" current with? Any chance of procuring the improved version of your preset?

corona said:
javajunkie said:

JJ,

I love the organ preset you created and your sample sounds way better than the actual preset on the Axe. You mentioned you improved it......... What firmware is the "improved version" current with? Any chance of procuring the improved version of your preset?

7.x, I forget which one. I'll post it here sometime this week. Those clips were done in 4.x. I used my volume knob on my guitar for swells. That is a lot of the difference. It is critical so you don't get the initial attack and choppy echos. A lot of the ambient weird presets are like that.

Back
Top Bottom