Electric Mystery Flanger vs. Physical unit knobs

PincoTech

Experienced
I realize that the parameter depth in the III is far greater than the Electric Mistress floor unit, and that's a good thing.
Having said that, what is a default starting point that closely matches, the physical knobs?

Rate (easy)
Flanger Depth (a little more challenging with additional parameters)
Chorus Depth (convoluted because of complex parameter interaction)

Ive read all the release notes etc.
I definitely have some great flanger sounds from it.

I found some settings from the floor unit that I'd like to try.
Translating it, is easier said than done though.

I also realize that the chorus depth is set to zero, in this picture.
If the chorus depth were to be raised, what would be the floor units parameter settings in the AXEIII, besides depth/mix?

I may never need to figure this out again, once i understand dialing it in, somewhat close to the floor unit.
After that, "to infinity and beyond".

IMG_0712.jpg

When I think of the Electric Mistress I think of the original one. It sounded different than later versions like the Deluxe Electric Mistress and Stereo Electric Mistress.

yeah, that's the problem really, isn't it. unless you own the physical unit to match the model to, it doesn't really matter how accurate the model could get since the range of parameters is far greater than on the real thing.
on one hand a greater range obviously is better since it's almost like an improved version of the original. on the other hand it makes models useless when it comes to accuracy...

yeah, that's the problem really, isn't it. unless you own the physical unit to match the model to, it doesn't really matter how accurate the model could get since the range of parameters is far greater than on the real thing.
on one hand a greater range obviously is better since it's almost like an improved version of the original. on the other hand it makes models useless when it comes to accuracy...
Exactly.
So, you Need a basic idea how to translate 3 knobs to like 15. If you can’t you’re creating something entirely new which sometimes is okay, depending on what you’re going for.

It would be great if we had authentic and ideal tabs, like amp blocks. I’m not complaining however, cause I still love the way it sounds.

in my case I just have pictures of settings from various famous artists, that I’d like to try.

Exactly.
So, you Need a basic idea how to translate 3 knobs to like 15. If you can’t you’re creating something entirely new which sometimes is okay, depending on what you’re going for.

It would be great if we had authentic and ideal tabs, like amp blocks. I’m not complaining however, cause I still love the way it sounds.

in my case I just have pictures of settings from various famous artists, that I’d like to try.
yes. ideal tabs, at least for models that are based on real units, would be ideal. not just limiting to the actual physical knobs, but also their range (if extended).
actually I'm surprised this hasn't already been introduced especially with the introduction of floorunits where it's all about quick dialing up tones...

yes. ideal tabs, at least for models that are based on real units, would be ideal. not just limiting to the actual physical knobs, but also their range (if extended).
actually I'm surprised this hasn't already been introduced especially with the introduction of floorunits where it's all about quick dialing up tones...
Revamping the flangers, phasers, and introducing new ones was probably an enormous task. They did that all that during computer updates, and pre fm3 release. Probably some changes coming soon.

I agree and authentic tab on the fx . especially flanger , phase , term, chorus would make it much easier to cop the originals

Back
Top Bottom