Electric L & Acoustic R

Keg8605

Power User
It's been awhile since I've run Acoustic with my XL but my 2nd guitar player recently picked up an AX8. He's going to setup separate patches for electric and patches for Acoustic. What's the verdict on Panning everything. Pan every block L or R and the output mixer as well? Are there any that should remain centered? This is all mono obviously.

I think the approved approach is to use a Volume Block as the first block and select "LEFT" or "RIGHT" as the input rather than "BOTH"

AX8 doesn't have stereo input 1 so you'd need to use In 2L for the extra guitar.

Begin a preset's routing w/ FX Loop block to use Input 2. From the details given it doesn't sound like anything needs to get panned L/R.

He's just going to do separate presets so he can use the same input. Plus with the AX8 cpu is more of a concern so separate patches makes sense. Since he uses the Power Amp/Cab and Direct method Both L outputs are for Electric. Out 1 R is going to be his acoustic. We figured out last night that all that needed to be panned was the output mixer.
Are any fx a problem though since running mono or does the output mixer take care of that too? Ie chorus...

Back
Top Bottom